Check out the Logitech Squeezebox Touch for a stand-alone unit. It offers good sound itself, and you can take the digital out to an outboard DAC if you prefer. It will stream plenty of radio stations and also can access the digital music files on your computer. Very versatile product.
4 responses Add your response
1. The SBT has coax and optical outputs and can be adapted for USB output, as well. Up to 24/96 with the first two and up to 24/192 with USB.
2. It operates via an ethernet or wifi connection to your router/computer.
3. Because it is wireless, it can be located at the DAC where you can see its display/control.
4. Here's the basic info http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speakers-audio/wireless-music-systems/devices/5745
5. Here is a report on my experience with it: http://www.audiostream.com/content/logitech-squeezebox-touch-network-music-player