How do I clean the inside of my SX-650 reciever.

I recently purchased a Pioneer Classic SX-650 reciever. I'm from the 70's area and fell in love with this unit back then. I decided to bring myself up to speed on vintage cleaning and repair of this unit and quickly found out one of the first things to do is to find the best way to clean the inside and all it's componets. What is the best way for an amiture to get involved in this process(cleaning)?, and what type of sourses are avalible to learn more about non-professionals trobleshooting and maintaining this type of equipment?. I love the look, feel and smell of this older reciever, as though its a piece of art from the past coming forward to remind us that there is more to electronics than how to make something smaller, lighter, cheeper, faster and possable more dependable. To me its like having a Picasso or Man Ray over a satilight linkup million song chip that you can keep in your ceramic ashtray at home, the one you made while you where temperaraly insane from forgetting your roots.
That could be a hole new subject. Bruce
uppony
Post removed 
The Capacitors are exposed and not part of the powersupply per/say but look like small beer cans (salt shakers to beer cans in size depending on the product) but typically the tops will be silver and these still have lots of energy that can really hurt you!!!! Stay away from the Caps!
Great Marty, Thanks for the info. When would there be a need to open up the "power supply capacitors"?, as i don't believe i shall need to on this unit for, the unit was working ok. Bruce
Post removed