How different between B&W 804s & B&W 805s????

I'm currently using a pair 805s and having a good chance upgrading to B&W 804s. I know that floorstanding speakers always better than the bookshelf but how different??? I'm also saving some money 4 my new amp(my target is Mcintosh 6900 or 2275), so, shoud i upgrade this speakers or saving that money for my future amp????
ngocdj

Showing 1 response by joeb

several years ago, when I first got bit by this hi-end bug, I got some BW 602's. naturally, the quest for better set in and soon I was auditioning older series BW matrix, the 805's and 804's. I settled on the n804s' and loved them for quite a while until the upgrade bug bit again. At first, I tried to run them with a HK AVR 500, an 85watt, high current home theatre integrated amp. It was ok at low volumes but clipped at too much volume. I lucked in to a Classe CA300 amp, matching CP 50 and CDP .5, they really made those speakers come to life. Now, on the other hand, I heard the 805's driven with great equipment at the dealers and frankly, I couldn't believe what they were asking for them, I found them to be no better than my old 602's. my 2 cents.
jb