How come there is no thread on the RealityCheck?

In my opinion this one the greatest improvements in audio in 40 years. AA is full of discussions about it, but there has been nothing here. Maybe that a $575 tweak is beyond Audiogoners?
tbg

Showing 6 responses by robm321

Sounds interesting. I'll wait till the dust settles, but it did mention that you hear more tape hiss. From reading about it, it seems like you get better sonics along with the more flaws from the original recording.

If people were complaining about the $17 SACDs being too expensive, why would people spend $25 on a copy of a CD they already own?

Just playing devils advocate.
Sounds like the real deal. I'll still wait for the dust and some extra hype "as good as master tapes" (lol) to settle.

So is it LP's, RealityCheck, SACD-DVD-A, redbook now just like that? Or is he boosting freq. etc to "help" the sound out? I mean his explaination on the review (Rx8man's link) seems legit.

If it's all it's hyped up to be $600 and yearly software upgrades, CD-Rs, and whatever else will be worth it.
Onhwy61 makes a great point. If you're going to throw out the fact that this escalates RB to LP or SACD quality or better. Then it's going to be a little hard to beleive. The review of it even mentioned that it brings out more tape noise, etc.

It's a very bold claim. Now it has to live up to it, and I'm not convinced at this point. We'll see when the dust settles.
Oneprof,

But in the end the "clean money" would be worth the same as the dirty money.

So is it as good as SACD - vinyl? If so, this should be revolutionary, but so far it's really not. Is it just that people don't know, or is it overhyped?
Ah, I see now. Guess I'll keep my TT and SACD player ;)

No disrespect to the inventor of this product. I think he should be commended for coming up with a way to better redbook.