How can I improve my system

I have cobbled together quite a nice system over the years and have heard quite a few far more expensive systems that did not sound as good to my ears as what I have. However, I recently walked into a showroom and their setup blew mine out of the water, despite not being "ultra high-end". So now I'm wondering where I should upgrade to take my setup to the next level. The showroom system was all (expensive) Krell (10K pre, 10K power, 12K source), yet modest 10K Thiel speakers. I have source: heavily modified Denon 3910 + upgraded Audio Note 1.1 DAC, McCormack MAP1 pre (used mostly in "surround" mode). Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme Power and Silverline Audio LaFolia speakers. Misc. high quality cabling. I think my weakest link may be the Silverlines or the McCormack. I always liked the Revel Studios so this could be an options. Modding the MAP1 is also an options. Any suggestions are welcome.
edorr

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

Edorr- Peruse some of the info on this site for enlightenment: (http://www.asc-hifi.com/acoustic_basics.htm) Enjoy the experimentation!
Edorr- I should have noted: Your treatments don't have to be as expensive as what's on the site I mentioned. If you type "acoustic foam" into the search bar on eBay, a ton of treatment alternatives will come up. To find your primary reflection points: replace your speakers with a pair of lamps(the bulbs should be at the same height as your tweeters). Sit in your exact listening position, and have a friend move a mirror along the walls(behind the speakers and both sides)at the height of your ears. Anywhere that you can see the lamps reflected in the mirror, you need to apply some sound absorbing or dispersing material. The ceiling will have reflections also, if your speakers have a wide dispersion pattern(a little trickier to find, unless your friend is Spiderman).