How can anyone want more......Just a very happy listener.

I have recently listened to the best of Genesis, Dire Straits, Krall, Sinatra, Presley, Miles, Keb Mo, Floyd, Zep, Stones, and so much more, and I am so happy with my system. Why do people need to spend 40K on speakers, and, the same on amplification. Equipment : Modified Adcom GDA 700. Luminous Audio Walker passive , Nuforce STA 200, Modified Klipsch Lascalas, and powered subs ( a secret ). There is absolutely nothing, at this particular time, that I want more of. I have Dynamics, Tone, Coherence, Prat, Imaging, the whole shebang. I sit 10 ft from the speakers, and, I am so " involved " with my recordings, that I cant imagine any one not wanting the sound that I have, for relatively little money. Thoughts ? Enjoy ! MrD.
mrdecibel
A simple question deserves a simple answer.  You don't know until you hear the differences for yourself and then you have to decide if the differences that you heard are worth whatever that cost may be.

Happy Listening. 
It’s all relative. If you’re worth 10m and spend 100k on a system it’s the same as a guy who makes 100k and spends 1k on a system. If you have it, go experiment with the Uber expensive stuff. I’ve heard some crazy expensive stuff and it was impressive. To each his own wallet. 
For about five years I was on the upgrade path, swapping out one component at a time, fortunately each swap was an improvement, but am now happy with my equipment and am pretty much "done" with hardware upgrades.  It's now time in my journey to shift my concentration from the equipment to the music...it's a more-relaxing time in my journey.
Yes, I should have stated " I ". Kind of what I meant. I was not stating folks should own my exact system. I have heard mega buck systems, and I feel they do not present music in a more enjoyable or satisfying way than my own. In fact, I much prefer mine. I believe this was the point I was making. While folks here, on several threads, continue to post about new this and new that, I can happily say, I listen with enjoyment. In 2017, I bought the little Nuforce ( for shits and giggles ), and this year I bought the Luminous passive, and I feel these changed me as a very content individual, as I need nothing more. These pieces were, in retrospect, much less money than what I replaced them with, and I am sure the amp's excellence has very much to do with my speakers, being a very efficient and easy load. When I listen to 3 of my favorites, Roger Waters " Amused to Death ", The Pro’s and Con’s of Hitch Hiking ", and Miles Davis " A Tribute To Jack Johnson ", I am blown away ( same as much of my music collection ). These are not audiophile recordings, such as Chesky or Mapleshade. These are well engineered and mixed, and amazing pieces of music. Roxy, I have tried other D / A converters over the years, but have always came back to enjoying my 700. I know there is better, but that is not the point here. I am fortunate that my music listening is being satisfied, without looking for more. Maybe it is my 64 year old ears. Maybe I am just tired of all the constant change. I find myself enjoying music more in my CRV, through my patio speakers, and the small wall mounted speakers at my community pool ( playing radio ). I am fortunate, I suppose. But, I also know it is a state of mind ( sometimes with a bit of help, if you get my drift ). But just like all of you, it is all about the music. Have an awesome weekend. Enjoy ! MrD.