How can anyone want more......Just a very happy listener.

I have recently listened to the best of Genesis, Dire Straits, Krall, Sinatra, Presley, Miles, Keb Mo, Floyd, Zep, Stones, and so much more, and I am so happy with my system. Why do people need to spend 40K on speakers, and, the same on amplification. Equipment : Modified Adcom GDA 700. Luminous Audio Walker passive , Nuforce STA 200, Modified Klipsch Lascalas, and powered subs ( a secret ). There is absolutely nothing, at this particular time, that I want more of. I have Dynamics, Tone, Coherence, Prat, Imaging, the whole shebang. I sit 10 ft from the speakers, and, I am so " involved " with my recordings, that I cant imagine any one not wanting the sound that I have, for relatively little money. Thoughts ? Enjoy ! MrD.
mrdecibel
Mr D, you've been helpful with some of your previous posts. I have vintage gear and have had ADS floor standing speakers since 1983. Figured I'd never change out. But, I finally bought LaScala II's, with no audition. I've wanted them for over 50 years. My family and I knew right away that they were special. They are now our main speakers and the ADS, which I'll never part with, are in another room. We did a/b comparisons and it was unanimous. 
Our taste in music is similar so I assume we're close in age. I understand chasing the next latest and greatest, but in audio that's not me cause I'm content. My wife and I listen every evening to whatever suits our mood. Sorry for the long post but I get what you're saying. 
Klipsch speakers are polarizing. There's almost no grey area. You love 'em or hate 'em. So we just listen in complete contentment cause we love 'em. 
I thought the same thing until i heard Krell and B&W 8's, however its all realitive, 30 years ago i was very happy with A.R. 3A's, HH Scott Amp and Teac A6010s
Problem with audiophile-ism is that most people are always looking for ways to make what they're already happy with, better.........If you have endless money....I don't...you can stay on that merry-go-round forever............My system is relatively modest, by AUDIOPHILE standards, although for the price I could have bought a nice new car. 

I know that there are better, probably way better systems out there, but mine makes me happy. I enjoy the music, with all the appropriate boxes being checked............I may entertain sub woofers if I can find a nice pair, used......although my current speakers can shake the foundation with the right recordings..........so maybe not. :)

If you're happy with what you HAVE, stop thinking about it and just enjoy
Different strokes for different folks. 80% of the world's population lives on less than $10 per day. Even the most modest stereo system would seem an obscene investment to them -- forget $40K speakers.

Stereos are just like cars, which are just like almost any other object. Some people have the money and want a constant flow of new toys in their life. Some get expensive stuff to impress others. Some are fine with the most basic item available which accomplishes the task at hand.

The key is that you are lucky to have enough money to have a system that makes you happy. So enjoy!