How can Acoustic Revive RR-888 produce 7.83hz?

This is not meant to be a bashing post. I want to try and understand this device as I find it very interesting. I have no scientific background. I presume that 7.83hz is transmitted as a wave. I have previously gone to a professional sound room that was designed by world famous studio designer Tom Hidley to cleanly produce 20hz. Firstly the room needed to be of a certain dimension (which was bigger than my listening room). Secondly the speakers were large Kinoshita studio monitors with dimensions of 1050/1300/800cm with each monitor having 2 large bass drivers of some 16-18 inches in diameter. They were driven by Kinoshita-JMF HQS4200UPM mono power amps which each delivered 450w into 8ohms.

Presumably you would need a very large room to produce a 7.83hz wave? To quote from the Acoustic Revive website, "...we developed and manufactured a device to generate the 7.83Hz electric wave artificially, the Ultra-low Frequency generator RR-888". Am I missing something fundamental? How can such a small device generate such a wave in my 22x12x10 foot listening room?

Thanks
128x128bluewolf

Showing 2 responses by geoffkait

One way to do it is to produce two waves of higher frequency that are separated in frequency by the desired 7.83 Hz. The difference frequency will magically appear in the room. The real question is how a 7.83 Hz electromagnetic wave can fit in the room, you know, since it's 25,000 miles long?
The Schumann frequency produced by the device is not an acoustic wave which wouldn't be so mysterious. But the wave the device produces is apparently an electromagnetic wave, hence the long wavelength. If the wave were acoustic of course the wavelength would be much, much shorter. Now, having said all that you can buy a CD that will produce the acoustic version of the Schumann wave using just ordinary speakers, even computer speakers. Whether that acoustic Schumann wave has any effect on the sound is strictly up for grabs. It's quite possible the Schumann wave must be electromagnetic, like the real Schumann wave.