How BIG is yours?

That is, music collection. Seems like everyone is proud of their big (physically, cost-wise etc) stereo systems. I want to know how big your music collection is. I always ask when I conduct a transaction, half out of curiosity, half wondering whether to trust the sonic biases of someone who owns maybe fifty-sixty albums/CDs tops. I'll start: I have around 500 LPs and 1500 CDs, more and more of which are the excellent DCC Gold and XRCD variety. Would you rather spend $100 on trying music you haven't heard or trying a new power cord (no wrong answer here, I do both)?
classicjazz

Showing 1 response by 3728slingshot

600 CDs and a few hundred LPs. Although I have been very focused on equipment changes as of late, software is a top concern most of the time. More important than the software though is going out to live concerts!! Actually hearing the Opera at the Met or a chorus at the Y is unlike anything in the world ... NO system can touch that expierince. It calibrates your ears to what is real and right, and lets your soul recharge from the energy of both the performers and the audience.