How best to eliminate LP warps

I own about 2500 LPs, and I like to think they're flat.  Furthermore, I espoused the view that warped LPs ought to be discarded.  But lately I have found 2 or 3 of my LPs that do have warps but sound too good and are too precious for the music recorded on them to throw away.  So I am in the market for ideas on how to remove warps.  I am aware that there was a device on the market that looked like a large waffle maker, to be used for warp removal.  I think Furutech made it, but I never see it advertised these days.  I am also aware of the DIY method of placing an LP between two glass plates and heating the ensemble.  The question there would be how hot and for how long?  Any suggestions are welcome, especially opinions on the efficacy of the Furutech.  Thanks.  Please no comments on vacuum hold down; I think it's a great idea but none of my five turntables has that feature.

lewm

mijostyn:

Thinking about it more it might be better to centrally locate the glass plates in a box with cardboard spacers (cardboard box with a top) and then wrap the box with the heating blanket.

This way the heat would be more evenly distributed.

I assume that many here may have digital thermometers with long wire leads for oven/grill cooking which could be used to monitor temp.

As already mentioned, lower temperature and additional time would seem to be the way to go, especially with DIY methods.

When I tried the glass oven method the oven used would maintain heat @ around 135-140 degrees (not any lower).

Doing so made the edge warp worse on a Pearl issue the "The Last Castrato".

I purchased another copy on line and it has a similar edge warp.

I only wanted to listen to it out of curiosity, so left it @ that (could not listen to the first cut on either side, and on the baked LP the first 2 cuts).

DeKay

@edcyn 

Such cheap shot without any explanation.

Sad. Whatever floats your boat I guess. Sad again.

SO, who here that have excellent TT/arm/cartridge can actually say that when they play an average warped LP that they can actually HEAR manifestations of the warp?

@jw944ts, having vacuum clamping, minor warps are not a problem for me. The warps I need to flatten are the major ones and they are easy to hear. Many arms will be airborne off these warps. The Schroder will track just about anything and once you are use to extreme pitch stability these warps become obvious. Minor warping may not be so obvious. My problem is that when the warps get bad enough the vacuum can not grab a seal.