Horning owners what amps have you used?

Just curious what amps other owners, or previous owners, of the Aristoteles, Eufrodite, Agathon or Perikles have used. Chime in even if you don't own these speakers but have an opinion.

I know most everyone has heard these speakers with the TRON Discovery or Telstar at RMAF and the 211 is heavenly IMO, but way out of my price range.

I have the Aristoteles Zigma and a Thoress 300B SET (8w). I love it, but like anyone else who is possessed with sound addiction, as Neil says: rust never sleeps.

Has anyone used anything less than 8 watts? Or more power like a 300B PP or 845? I do have a Berning ZH270, and unlike a fellow Audiogon-er who had the ZH230 and Eufrodite and thought highly of the match, the ZH270 sound is not my thing.
dpe
Thanks Charles,

Sati is still here; it works fine and has of course more power than the little Tektrons but to my ears the tiny monos are faster, have more grunt, better dentition, better holographic presentation, less bass but one that doesn’t leave you wishing for more, more sparkle on the highs, much more texture on cords and such and what is very important to me, it plays stress less music that fils the room oh so gently so that even in really low volume levels the music just pulls you in.

Amps I’ve tried here with the Eufros: Spectral, Plinius SA103, ML 23.5, Lamm 2.1 (for a short session which was disappointing but hard to judge as was a mere afternoon).
All the above beast list didn’t make the Eufros sing to my ears as the Tektron do.
And I’m not sure they’re even burnt in and surly the Kondo cable isn’t.

It’s maybe fair to mention that in my living/listening room I’ve struggled a lot with bass overload of the Eufros, which could be causing many other issues with the Sati (and the other bass strong amps on the list) setup due to it’s abundance in this area and could be that the lighter on bass Tektron just solves it all by not going there; but again, there’s more than enough of it with it.

For me, the realization that we can make a system sing with so little power, so little electricity consumption, so little heat, so small budget, so little real estate, etc is an inspirational revelation.

So in love with 300b power, I’m contemplating on making a move on a pair o Franks MK2 which are said to be another hifi miracle, aren’t they?

Enjoy the last day of the Masters.
Hello Amuseb1,
Thanks for your informative reply, I really understand and relate to what you are expressing. I believe that the most important and precious attributes of audio components is to allow engagement and connection with our music. If the emotional involvement is lacking then all other sonic parameters no matter how impressive  (bass,high volume, imaging  etc.) are irrelevant and inadequate. It seems the Tektron certainly fulfills and meets these vital requirements. 

Regarding the Frankenstein MK II, it is a wonderful 300b SET  amplifier. I haven't any idea if it is superior to your Tektron.  I can only tell you that it excels at emotional engagement and communicating the soul and joy of music.

Regarding your Horning speakers I'll finally be able to hear them next week at an audio show in Chicago.  I'm been curious to listen to this speaker for quite some time. 
Charles, 
Hi Charles,

What you'll hear at the show is probably the Elipse version with the latest bass drivers.
I have the previous version.
Assuming Jeff will be in charge, please give him regards from Oren, aka Mark, from Paris... I'm sure that'll bring a smile to his face, and a good story to be told.

Would be interested to hear your impressions after the show...

I heard about the Franks from a couple of guys who are as well pure music lovers that spoke very highly of their emotional capabilities.
The only way to know how they perform in my setup is to have them here...

Regards.
charles1:

Have a great time at the Chicago Audio Show this coming weekend. 
I hope you get a chance to hear the Synergistic Research Room Demonstrations. The new room treatment UEF panels will be demonstrated for the first time at this show. It will be interesting if you see any Elrog tubes being used, or for that matter any of the other premium tube brands.

David Pritchard