Horning Eufrodites - help needed with boomy bass

Hi Eufrodites' users,

Can anyone help me with solving a serious issue of boomy bass?
Speakers are about 7 months old.

Do they still need time to break in?
Room acoustics? at first I thought so but the boominess is even at very low levels of sound.
I play them mostly with Jadis JA100 and the Sati 520b from Horning too. Boominess is on both setups.

Help!!!! There's nothing more annoying than boomy bass. I just can't enjoy music anymore.
Help!!!!

Thanks.
amuseb
Hi all,
So the first expert came along.
He wasn't very impressed by my "complaints". He thought I was over reacting. But I think, expert of not, he just doesn't really hear what I hear...
We tried some small absorbers made in Japan, triangular shaped that you nail to the corners between the walls and the ceiling.
It did clean up the space slightly but the substantial boomy bass wasn't very much affected by it plus it was selling for 1000 euros a pair so forget about it.
The guy also brought with him some plastic sheets, again made in Japan, that seat on the speakers and are supposed to absorb resonance etc.
This time too they did clean up some noise but at the same time made the music opaque. Not my cup of tea.

We also visited the back corners of the room where clearly there's a strong concentration of low waves.
He suggested to place bass traps there. I might give it a shot at some point.

What more is clear after some trial and error is that distance from the back wall is key in the battle against boomy bass. (Psag, how far are your Eufros from the back walls?).
Nevertheless, if I was to follow the Cardas rules of speakers positioning, I would have to place mine 2.4 meters from the back walls... slightly problematic in a leaving room scenario.

Other than that, in the meantime, I've done some slight tweaking i.e. hooked up my amp to my Shunyata filter (quiet a big difference it made compared with the straight from the wall Paris parasite feasted juice), put some crystal rocks in the bass ports (as suggested in http://audioexotics.hk/index.php?option=com_simplestforum&view=postlist&forumId=1&parentId=1631), positioned the speakers evenly from the side walls, etc. All the above have helped to improve the situation but not to fully solve it.

Will keep updating, any further suggestion are welcome.

Regards.
The pillows you tried early on can you put those on the floor underneath the cd storage area? And if you have more, open the doors of that same cabinet and put something soft in there as well. And then leave the doors open for energy to pass thru not to wait in hiding. Tom
Hi, I've seen in many pictures of the US distributors of Horning that in shows he usually locates plants behind the Eufrodites.

Before I drag huge plants into my living room, any thoughts about how this treatment can help with the issues caused by lack of distance from the back wall?

Duke, thanks for referencing Hedback Designes for me but as I live in Europe, it's awkward to adhere to such services located in the US.
Amuseb,
I think I understand your pain. I believe that everyone hears somewhat differently. I also have a set of the Eufrodites. And have tried to overcome this same feeling of unnatural bass. Sometimes production can overcome the situation (Porcupine Tree always sounded brilliant) but all else was ruined by what seemed ridiculous boom of bass. If you're still a Eufrodite owner try Stillpoints on the rest of your system. Focus on the source equipment first.
As always everyone's experience is different but for me the fix was to replace my equipment stand. It was a still point and expensive but has worked. And yes stuffing pillows and boards up the behinds of Eufrodites offers some temporary relief but OPEN them up. Let those darlin's breathe!
Good Luck
Amuseb, My Hornings are less than one foot from the rear wall. Maybe the fact that the room is huge is counteracting that. It is a large room with a 16 foot ceiling, slate floors, untreated.
Amesub, if you are using the stock plastic footers they may be contributing to the problem. The speakers benefit from greater clearance from the floor. I can suggest an alternative if you need one.