Horn Speakers and Sub Woofers

How difficult is it to mate conventional subwoofers with horn speakers, in particular Klipschorns.  I'm moving my 1987 Khorns to the large living room for a 'home theater' setup.  (I have two good corners for the Khorns).  I am thinking of adding one or two medium sized Rel subs to the setup to use for movies.  Have you tried subs with Horns or corner horns?

stickman451
There's nothing to be concerned about with HT, all you have is processed fake sound effects. 
david

["There's nothing to be concerned about with HT, all you have is processed fake sound effects.
david"]

Not to be a smart ass but they now have these things called music videos and the ones on BluRay can have rather good audio. I also enjoy the few multichannel SACDs I own on the HT.  
Not to be a smart ass but they now have these things called music videos and the ones on BluRay can have rather good audio. I also enjoy the few multichannel SACDs I own on the HT.

OP's question was specific to home theater & movies!
david

A horn stops acting like a horn where the size of the mouth of the horn is 1/4 wavelength.  That's why the Klipschorn is in the room corner.  It uses your room corner as part of the horn.  What I don't know is given the flare rate of an exponential curve, just how big a mouth that effectively is. 

One of the other posters here suggested the 7 foot Klipsch theatre sub-woofer.  A 7 foot wide mouth is a quarter wavelength for a 35 hz tone, so it only acts as a horn down to 35 hz.

I suggest you just be happy with your K-horns as is and forget the subs.
I have never had K-horns. Always been a big Klipsch fan though. I set up a home theater system with Cornwals as the front mains, Heresy for center, Forte's for the surrounds and some cheap plastic Klipsch for the rears. I used a Def Tech 15" powered sub and it was the best home theater system I have ever heard. Period. 

Moved twice since then, all I have left are the 1989 vintage Forte's. Good luck, nothing does movies like super efficient horn loaded speakers.