Horn based loudspeakers why the controversy?

As just another way to build a loudspeaker system why such disputes in forums when horns are mentioned?    They can solve many issues that plague standard designs but with all things have there own.  So why such hate?  As a loudspeaker designer I work with and can appreciate all transducer and loudspeaker types and I understand that we all have different needs budgets experiences tastes biases.  But if you dare suggest horns so many have a problem with that suggestion..why?
128x128johnk
@unsound

In answer to the original question:

Perhaps because there are some trolls who seem to try and use these threads as bait to trap those who don"t share their love of horns:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/why-not-horns?highlight=horns

Your first reply to that thread was:

I absolutely loathe horns!

Not exactly an inviting outset for further conversation on the subject, but nonetheless a clear statement on your stance. I don’t know whether the OP of linked thread (or others there) ever came to ask you this in earnest, but why, if you were to elaborate a bit, do you resent the sound of horns? I’m simply curious. Is it horn-hybrids in particular, or all-horns equally - perhaps even more? Are there aspects of horn sound that triggers your resentment more than others? Ever heard horn speakers (hybrids, all-horns?) that appealed to you more than to lead to the thought of simply hating on them?

You claim to provide an answer to @johnk, but still this hasn't happened. Why don't we start here?

Phusis,  As you can see; some of the more recent posts offer confirmation of what suggested earlier.

With all due and sincerest respect I think it best that I exit.

@unsound 

Phusis, As you can see; some of the more recent posts offer confirmation of what suggested earlier.

With all due and sincerest respect I think it best that I exit.

Thanks for your reply.

Still, I'm sincerely interested in being offered a more detailed approach on your dislike of horn speakers, as I'm sure others (certainly the OP) are as well. I'm not trying to convert you as I'm not on a mission here, but find it inspiring to learn of the particular aspects and frame of reference (i.e.: experience) that leads some people to turn their backs on horny sound, so to speak - in all its varying forms (though I'm some will find they're all of the same, homogeneous evil). Feel free to chime in. 
I owned, a very long time ago, a pair of Thiel 3.5s, along with, what I thought was a great combo / matchup with the Thiels, a Krell KSA 50, upgraded to a MK II, and then a KSA 100 MKII. I owned Lascalas at the time ( and another roomful of others, ). Ultimately, the Thiels went, as many speakers have. Not for me. I appreciate what they do, and, can understand why people keep them ( or any Thiel, or Focal, or anything ). As an audio professional for many years, I never " pushed " horns on anybody, although, I let them know my preference for them, and helped them achieve the sound that best suited them, whether horns, or otherwise. Folks who went the horn route, I helped with modifications, upgrades and tweaks, to maximize the design. Admittedly, many stock horn loudspeakers had resonances ( not just the horns, but the cabinets as well, from many companies, such as Klipsch, Altec, JBL, etc. ), and mediocre crossover components, and failed,  the listening test by many. I really understand this, because, a stock pair of Klipsch Lascala ( my favorite Heritage, or any stock product ), can be improved upon. These weaknesses were the result of a selling price point. So, I understand the negative reaction many people have to horns. I admit that the room, setup, associated gear, and listener distance, all play an important part of the equation. But, this pertains to any large, full range loudspeaker, ime. Why do the horn trolls act up ? Besides what I said earlier in another post, they are clueless to what a well designed horn " system " can do.
Post removed