Hooking up DEQ2496 with USB DAC?

I am probably confusing myself needlessly, but I'm struggling to conceptualize how I would configure the ins and outs if I were to use my DEQ2496 in a system with a USB DAC. Sound files from my computer will be fed via the USB port. Thanks for your help.

Jon
jonathan1257

Showing 1 response by zd542

I have one too. Its incredible how much stuff they put into that little box for such a low price. Weather you should get one or not depends on how what you need it to do. I use mine to try and make poor recordings listenable on my main system that is very detailed. If you are using it for something like room correction, I would recommend a demo first. (Actually, its cheap enough to take a chance on and if you don't like you can sell it with not too much of a loss. I paid under $300 for a brand new unit on Amazon.)

As Elizabeth points out in her post, its not usb compatible. Personally, I wouldn't rule it out just because of that. Also, a lot of people say that its hard to use. I don't feel that's the case. The EQ does have a lot of different features and settings, but if you take some time to learn how the menu's work, its not hard at all.