Honest Reviewers ?

Ever wonder why 99% of all reviwers seem to use the same expressions. No ? Well, I sure have been thinking about this. It's not that I have nothing better to do, but I keep asking why do they say the same things like .... " It sounds like a veil has been lifted" or "it sounds like the glass has been wiped clean" and the current favorite is "it just gets out of the way and let the music play ". Stereophile and the Absolute Sound seem to compete for the most stupid cliches. It appears that CABLE reviews will make reviewers go wild with verbal intoxication. Just sit and think about this crazy idea I am about to suggest. A group of 2 or 3 honest people with high expertise in the audio arena deciding to call the shots as they see them ! They would compare equipment or cables against each other and list their relative strengths, they would even offer opinions on any possible synergy between equipment and cables, if such a thing exists. They would have no fear. What a Concept !
et

Showing 1 response by r32446

I have read many reviews from stereophile and absolute sound. All I can say is this. Do not buy based on what they say. After reading thier reviews (I won't mention the reviewer's name here) I was disgusted in thier review of cables, amps and many other front ends. I know this because I personally have owned most of these ultra expensive high ends and have found the hard way that synergies do matter and that most of the reviews (based on their associated equipments) are complete waste of readers time. A person who is looking to purchase a $20,000 amp is most likely not going to use with $100 cables, or some low front end that costs $1000. These reviewers at Stereophile should get real. Where do they get these goofs anyway. Their reviews are off and by a big margin in most cases. Hopefully you can befriend someone who has personally owned the equipments you are looking to buy and ask for honest opinion. Because these reviews are half nit-wits. There are however few good one's as well in both magazines, but even they do not have the courage to say, this product is not worth the cost, or even state honestly on the product performance. It is interesting that there are reviewers out there who are writers, with bad hearing, and lack of experience in high end. Having been n the audio industry since 1983 and seeing the evolution of high end, it is comical to see some of these jokers writing reviews. They should be transcribers and reviewers.