home theatre receiver under $1,000

hi...haven't posted here for a long time...more into hifi...got a Linn rig etc...
my question is what is out there for a home theatre receiver for under a grand, i don't want to go balls out on the home theatre but have as good as i can get quality wise for the dollar
What i want is a super simple set up,i'm NOT interested in these hall reverbs and jazz sounds that the Japanese receivers offer...i want a superb plug in and play deal,MINIMUM features and caters to the HDMI blue ray crowd...i am a bit naive on this subject but must emphasise on the MINIMUM front panel digital features(reverbs ect)..
i guess its 7.1 now isnt it??
anyway...sorry if this is confusing
j
jroutensowhat

Showing 1 response by zooropa320

(I just posted something similar on another HT thread)
The Denon 2809CI can be picked up at Sixth Ave Electronics (6ave.com) for $900 shipped. Its listed at $1199 but this coupon code gives you 25% off: AFLAUD25. I don't know why but it works for current model receivers including Denon and Yamaha.

6th Ave is an authorized reseller and listed on Denon's site as such.

I did a bit of research and narrowed my choice down to the 2809CI for these reasons:
7.1 (or 5.1 with a 2nd zone)
4 HDMI 1.3a inputs
Audyssey MultEQ XT for room calibration
115 wpc
1080p upscaling (but only for analog inputs, not HDMI)

The Onkyo's looked like a better value on paper but I didn't like some of the reviews I read (sorry, I don't remember which ones so I can't cite the sources).

Also, I'm upgrading from a Denon 3802 which has performed flawlessly but doesn't have HDMI inputs or the latest codecs.