Home Theater Component Placement Ideas

I am in the process of building my Home Theater -- but I have a question:-) If I place my Rear Projection right in the middle of my viewing wall and then place a rack to the left or right I am faced with running two speaker cables of differing lengths. I know that I could place the amp somehow in the center/front but now all my interconnects need to be pretty long and that can get pretty costly. Any ideas or should I just reserver myself to getting one cable at 5 feet and another at 10 feet (roughly)?

Thanks for any input:-)
jplenhart

Showing 1 response by lbietz2001

I recently found a good solution for me to this problem. My wall for the main speakers and a large screen was just too tight with the equipment stand on that wall as well. I moved my rack to the back of the room, & used 25 ft pre-amp to power amp runs for the audio, purchased a high quality 7 Meter s-video cable (around $160). Now the 2 speaker sound is much more open, the front of the room does not look so cramped and the preamp controls, DVD player, & CD player are not much more than an arms length away. I received a confirmation from Audio Quest that preamp to amp runs can be even much longer than that without an impact to the audio. I did not have any apparent loss of audio signal and in fact the equipment spacing improvement helped a lot!