Home Theater?

The speakers are as followed....

Front---Martin Logan Oddysseys
Center--Martin Logan Theater i
Rear----Martin Logan Scripts
Sub-----Velodyne HGS-18 II

The front speakers are run by a Pass Labs X-250 (250 watts), the Center and Rear are run by a Pass Labs X3 (150 watts). I'm using the front end of a Yamaha RX-V1 at the moment for Pre/Pro duty.

I want to built a killer Home Theater without losing out on 2 channel music. I listen to music in stereo about 60% of the time and the rest 40% for DVD movies.

Will adding a Sunfire Grand III, Rotel 1066 or a Processor from Anthem be alot better than the front end of the Yamaha RX-V1? Will adding a Rogue 66 or Adcom 750 2 channel pre with a Home Theater pass thru with the processor above make a whole lot of difference for 2 channel listening?

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated
You should consider the Krell HTS 7.1 or even the last model HTS-2. I also have ML Oddysey's up front with a ML Theater center and Aerius i's in the rear. I've tried quite a few processors including the Sunfire theater grand II, which was a good processor, but is really not comparable to the HTS 7.1. You owe it to yourself to at least try this processor. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
A 2ch preamp w/ pass thru would make a big difference for music. You can get a Proceed PRE for cheap now that should be better than most processors for 2ch.
I agree with Bld63. I use a 2 channel preamp with SSP pass through. I have a Denon receiver for surround only. I'm much happier now then when I was in the high end SSP market.

YES on the Adcom 750. Then if you aren't doing dvd-a, or sacd---and can get by without video switching; get a used Meridian 565 with the 7.1 dts.You won't believe (till you hear it) how this piece sounds. They come up used for around 1500. It'll smoke most all the AVM,Lexicon and the like for 2x's the used price.
You have to have 2 channel and 5 channel (for SACD or DVD-Audio) preamp with pass thru. It is really make a big difference for music. I have B&K Ref 30 and I am more then happy. You can get now B&K Ref 50 which should be a better.