Home made cable lifters.

I was wondering if any of the a`gon members have come up with an inexpensive and effective way to get these things off the deck.
capt369

Showing 8 responses by capt369

Slipknot, yes I`ll be dealing with, I assume, artificial fibered carpet over concrete. I think the best set up would be porcelain insulators boosted on 4" blocks for height. Now then, if I can only find some old insulators....
Thanks Herman and Peter for your input. Is it true that ceramic devices make the best isolators? I think I read that somewhere. It seems that the sets that I`ve found so far on the market are $100+ for a set of 8. I`d like to put that money toward something else in the system.
Great suggestions all. Thorman, I live in the Akron area and I`ll check local shops for old insulators. If I come up empty, there are other suggestions I`ll try. Thanks everybody!
Mmakshak, stacking styrofoam cups three high and spray painted flat black would look pretty cool as well. I think I`ll try that.
Thanks for your input Robert and I`d like to wish all a`gon members and their families a safe and happy Thanksgiving.