Home audio or pro audio?

I went into an audio store not knowing it was only dj and professional systems nothing home audio. They did a few demos and the stuff kinda sounded better for a fraction of the cost. I have an $80k home theater system, and looks like if I went with pro imi could get more power and same sound for less than half the price, anyone ever notice this?

128x128mariobeniteziv

I have been pleased using some components made by "pro" manufacturers.

My Manley Steelhead is a consumer product although Manley makes a lot of pro gear.

I use Bryston monoblock amps in my home theater.  They sound great and construction is bulletproof.

I have a Rane graphic equalizer that has stood the test of time.  It replaced "consumer grade" equalizers whose sliders became scratchy and inconsistent after only a year or two.

Long ago, I worked with pro audio and found it very much like home audio in a lot of cases.  We bi or tri amped everything, but never had a need for fancy power or cables.  When you’re filling a hall at a convention center, no one is going to hear the difference anyway.  Very dependent on the room, but usually incredibly large and heavy pieces and that same ugly black! 

I’m a wanna be musician. I own Focal Solo 6BE monitors and did have a Focal Sub6. They are VERY bright in addition to not having much detail. As I recall, if you fell on the impedance curve you would die from stab wounds. They do not sound at all like the kind of speakers we normally have as audio enthusiasts.  They sound dry and have no life. The Sub6 sounded muddy and does not have controls like a modern audiophile subwoofer.

There’s a person here on Agon that runs Genelics in a surroundsound system and loves them.  

So IDK?…

Bent

+1 @ghdprentice he saved me a lot of writing, pro audio and home audio are two completely different animals.