Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp
Hchilcoat I wasn’t too sure about the Evo Aeon the first couple months I owned it however thinking about it I believe it was simply a sonic change just logging hours onto it along with the new interconnects .
For me playback is the best I’ve experienced in my home with well recorded music I thought I was very familiar with I now find absolutely thrilling.
With well recorded vocals there is a true living presence of timbre something I never ever heard before however I want to point out that’s not because of the May dac my previous dac with the Evo allowed me to hear this more alive / human sound .

And finally I like to point out no one with any certainty can guess what your going to hear or think you are going to hear until you have said components in your own system.

@in_shore @jriggy @cal3713 THanks for the responses about the KTE being more of a lateral move from the Lampizator. The Big 7 is from 2015 so I only have DSD 128 running right now and not the latest PCM. But still sounds great. But not sure if having all the latest bells and whistles that are on the May KTE would matter especially if most of my music is with PCM, although having the option to upsample to DSD 512 or higher might be useful. I guess at some point I could try the KTE to compare and sell one of them. 

Seems like the 432 Evo might have a bigger impact on sound quality than changing the DAC right now. 
 Hchilcoat hang on to your Big 7 and see what the Evo Aeon brings to the table ,,I changed dacs for a couple reasons , personally I find the Holo May KTE a tremendous bang for the buck and it’s beautiful to look at too.
I have followed this discussion with considerable interest and I'm close to pulling the trigger on a May. But I am hesitating over the level of the May that would be best for me in my system. The primary difference between the Level 2 and Level 3 (KTE) versions of the May is the use of silver wire and transformers in the latter and it has been assumed by most that this would make the KTE the best. However, my experience with silver cable, some very expensive, has indicated that silver has a particular sound signature quite different that copper. Although silver is certainly transparent and detailed, it can also sound quite thin and even bright (I have experienced this sonic signature in a number of top tier audio systems). The reviews of the KTE May certainly don't comment on this silver signature but, on the other hand, I have not seen any direct comparisons with the Level 2 May. Any comments on this topic would be greatly appreciated. 
@cleopatra52 On the May (unlike the Spring), the transformers are the same copper model on all versions:  " Also each channel is individually powered by it’s dedicated Otype FLATWIRE transformer found in all three models."

Unfortunately I doubt you're likely to find many who've got experience comparing the different levels besides Kitsune and Holo themselves.  It's a challenge to hear any model here in the states, let alone two versions. 

Although we've got very different opinions of silver (I put solid core high purity silver wire throughout my system and find it increases the naturalness of the sound), I certainly didn't hear any thinness to the May KTE presentation.  There was a touch of brightness, but I believe that would have washed away with more burn-in.