Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp

Showing 4 responses by tinear123

@nquery... I just added a Holo May KTE in front of my Don Sachs tube pre & Coincident Frankenstein 300B mono's and It's really that good.  Absolutely kills my old PS Audio Direct Stream DAC.
I too went from the PS Audio Direct Stream to the Holo May KTE.  I kept both in my system for a few weeks and in my particular system the May absolutely trounced the Direct Stream in almost every way.  Frankly I was shocked at the magnitude of the change.  I initially purchased the May just to check it out knowing the demand was high I could easily sell after re-affirming the Direct Stream... but the Day trumped the DS. 
@nquery... I too am using the MAY single ended.  Do report back on your experience with the Bal-SE solution differences I am very interested.