Hole in NS-1000M midrange driver

I just acquired a pair of these speakers in fair condition; all of the drivers look good except the right midrange driver. There is a small hole in the dome! It appears to be around 3mm in diameter. The image is rotated; the damage is actually on the middle bottom of the dome.

http://i.imgur.com/ZRwxoa1.jpg

Is there anything that can be done to salvage the driver? Am I right in assuming that the driver is unusable in it's current state? Do I have no choice but to pray for a replacement to pop up on eBay? I've read that these drivers were assembled as carefully matched pairs. Will there be a significant imbalance if I do end up buying a single replacement driver?

If I do happen upon a non-functional driver with an intact dome, is there any way to Frankenstein them together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
sb61g2

Showing 1 response by mechans

Beryllium is toxic if aerosolised, when solid the metal should not present a danger to you. Nonetheless it would be wize to wear gloves when handling this alloy.
I agree with those who say try it out and see if the small defect has any effect on the sound. If not just use them.