hmmm? oppo 105d content

I ended getting 105 d...in my 280 hr of run in...I don't think it works for me after having sim I 5.3 player...need more somthin...just too lean?...just not convinced enough..don't need the bell's and whistles/just redbook...
Marantz 8005 owners/or otherwise please give me a reason.
digsmithd
After over 400 hrs burnin this thing has turned as it seems with most audio gear I have had and experienced...that transitional hohum turn's into alright now we are talkin...we are arriving at that juncture.

Leaness has left and I am hearing some pretty nice playback...as I said in another thread...(I bucked this believe me) but...it's turning me into a (oppo) believer.

It is more than filling shoe's at this point
Yeah, understood. It's all pretty crazy, but most agree that a good ripped CD played thru the same dac in the CD player will sound better than just spinning the disc in the drawer.

There are many threads that you can read archived here that explain in gory detail, but to summarize: just rip a CD into your mac or pc, download a trial version of audirvana+, Amarra or Pure Music. connect computer to one of the digital audio inputs of the Oppo and you can listen for yourself. Cheers,
Spencer
This usb,rippin,streaming,ect is a whole new world to this ole kooter here guy's...in other word's...im pretty d*m old school.Much to learn about this gizmo...fo sho.

I have already talked to dan and crew twb...this is happening down the line though...

This thing sounded pretty darn good last night as well as tonight...It is really quite exceeding my expectations...I think its burned.
Have you tried computer audio ripping your CDs and playing them thru USB output into the digital USB input on the Oppo as DAC?. Granted, choices of software and cable make a difference, but in general this idea will drastically reduce jitter and produce better results with the same music (ripped files vs. same on disc).

Running a laptop with free trial software might be worth a try before you change to another CD player. Cheers,
Spencer
You should consider the Modwright Truth Mod. It takes the 105 to a whole new level, which could never be called "lean."
Thanks...thankful...it really is sounding pretty impressive for what it is right now...got to give it prop's.
Send it to John Tucker at Exemplar Audio for his upgrade. It will become world class player! I own one and it is simply amazing and very very musical sounding.
well I auditioned a Rega Apollo today (in my system)...I wanted so much for it to wow me...the oppo gets the nod for me....
Modwright kwi 200 integrated...acoustic zen adagio speakers.acoustic zen cable's.

Every out fit I talked to went straight to the the oppo 105 recommendation.even if it wasnt multi player rec. format...agreed w/your thinking...got some time left think about it.
If you need a CD player, then buy a CD player. The Oppo is known to be a good all around player for many formats. If you don't use them then you're paying for features you don't need. What's the rest of your system?
No zd...I read review of both a/b and guy went with Marantz...Just had a fuller sound to him (I forget how he phrased)...Don't get me wrong,the 105 does sound good...It has it's attributes...that the sim didn't have for me...Had sim products (players) for the last ten years...the equinox,i5.3.
when I posted...my calculations were wrong on burin...at about 370hrs now.
I also have to keep in mind that my sim at the time cost considerably more...
"Marantz 8005 owners/or otherwise please give me a reason."

Do you already have the 8005, or are you thinking about getting one?