Highest detail cartridges

Which cartridges give the greatest amount of detail? Imaging, soundstage file detail. These are qualities to consider. I know Lyra cartridges are high on that list. What others equal or better Lyras. Is there anything below, say $1500, that is in that same category?  Detail with reasonably flat frequency response.
bpoletti
Post removed 
For those of you in the Chicagoland area requiring expert cartridge mounting and tonearm adjustment. Brian Walshhttp://ttsetup.com/ 
One more recommendation for a London Decca. Its unique, no-cantilever design has been astonishing listeners for over 50 years. My Super Gold certainly astonished me. From its reputation, I was kind of expecting exaggerated dynamics and overwhelming 'slam', but what I heard was ... natural. Lifelike would be another good description. Imaging is the best I've heard by a considerable margin, able to reproduce duets, choruses and such so that one can follow each singer or instrument separately, or together, and switch between them effortlessly.

It is not the edgy, in-your-face, exaggerated-transient kind of detail, (unless that's on the recording), but rather (IMO) simply a more accurate tracing of the groove that preserves micro-dynamics as they are actually cut. Micro-dynamics like the quiver and breathiness of Elvis Presley's voice, enough to turn "Don't stop thinking of me" into "Don't stop the-hinking of me", because that's how he sang it. That's a blatant example,  but I started hearing less obvious ones all over. And, when it's on the recording, it resolves into that elusive quality called "air".

At least that's what I hear on my Quads, when nothing downstream gets in the way, (like my current backup amplifier, alas). No SUT needed. I recommend getting it with a DeccaPod mounting adapter installed, at least that's how I ordered mine. Used it with Clearaudio Satisfy and Jelco SA-750L tonearms, the latter with a Yamamoto 'African Black Wood' headshell. I had none of problems or downright horror stories sometimes recounted with older models - just two of the easiest, most obviously right setups I've performed. Caveat - will hum with some DD tables, but not on my Technics SP25.

I very much agree with sqlsavior's advice to get the Decapod version of the London pickups. It is available for the Gold and Super Gold models, the Jubilee and Reference models not needing the Pod, as they don't suffer from the plastic mounting bracket the Gold and Super Gold (and lesser models) do.

As to arms for the demanding Londons (and earlier Deccas), another approach is to use them with a Townshend Audio Rock turntable, which incorporate a damping "trough" (containing thick silicon fluid) at the front end of the arm mounted on them. The trough provides the damping the Londons benefit from (some consider it mandatory), making a damped arm unnecessary.

In regard to the detail the op desires, the Decca/Londons are legendary at imaging (depth especially), one of their strengths. Another is their astonishing immediacy, presence, dynamics, and plain ol' excitement. Their sound in comparison to most other cartridges is very similar to the sound of direct-to-disk LPs in comparison to LPs made from tape recordings. The cartridge excels at reproducing the percussive element---the attack---of musical instruments. Nothing matches the Decca/Londons at reproducing drums, the sound of a plectrum on acoustics guitar strings, a piano played aggressively. Another strength is their ability at reproducing the "texture" of instruments---the "growl" of a bow being dragged across the strings of a cello, the tip of a drumstick "clicking" on a ride cymbal, the keys of a harpsichord "plucking" it's strings.

An earlier Poster mentioned Brian Walsh TT setup service

Another happy thrilled customer here with top recommendation 

http://http//ttsetup.com/

T212