High value, high efficiency speakers for SET amps

Hi, Gang,
I know that some of what I want to discuss here has been dealt with in other threads, some of them quite old, but I wanted to see if any of you fine, knowledgable folks are willing to help update and consolidate some of this info in a more current thread.
I am currently running my new Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp with a pair of Reference 3A De Capo speakers. I think it's a fine pairing and I am really enjoying what the 300B SET experience brings to the table in terms of musicality and emotional connection.
Still the De Capo, while supposedly an easy load due to its crossover-less design (only 1 cap on the tweeter with the mid-woofer directly coupled to the amp), is "only" rated at 92 db efficient, and based on the most recent Canadian NRC specs, that rating may be optimistic.
So, I am toying with the idea of trying a pair of more efficient, deliberately SET-friendly speakers in my rig, something that might also play lower and with greater dynamic swing than the De Capo's. Note that the De Capo's have served me well and I am very fond of them, but I can't help but wonder if my lovely Kit 1 would shine even better coupled to a VERY easy to drive speaker.
Devore and Audio Note are obvious options - the O/96 looks really tasty. Unfortunately, both of those choices are out of my budget, which I'm thinking maxes out (for real) at around $1500. I am willing to consider used equipment.
Tekton Lore 2.0: This is the speaker that Eric Alexander of Tekton has recommended when we've spoken on the phone, based upon my medium-small listening room and amp. I've read the epic "Lore vs. Zu" thread elsewhere in this forum, and clearly Tekton has its enthusiastic fans here. What I wonder is whether the Lore 2.0 has the refinement of the De Capo in terms of resolution, sweet high end and imaging. Audiogon'er Mikirob has pointed me to the many rave reviews of Tekton's speakers and I'm definitely interested.
I've corresponded with the Sonist folks (who are super nice) but their really high-efficiency, nearly-full-range floor stander is out of my budget.
Then there's the "vintage" route, going after some used JBL's or other high-efficiency "classics" from the 80's (or '70's). I am not inclined to go in this direction, but mention it because it's been suggested to me.
And then there's Omega. I spoke to Louis some time ago and he recommended his 7XRS hemp cone model. But I know all the raps on single driver designs and I'm cautious, although I would like to hear from any of you who own or have owned Omega's.
I'm in no rush to make a switch but I am very interested in your thoughts. Thanks, folks!
rebbi
I'm jumping into this thread at the AudioNote AN e talk I have run them and they are wonderful. But not nearly at efficient as they claim. I sold mine and got a set of Living Voice Avatar 2's honest 94db and 6ohm load running them with 8wch 300b SET to great effect. Not quite as much base as the ANe's but much more musical and less one note bass then i found with the ANe's ( ANe's did not have much of a sound stage in my room either). You don't see Living Voice speakers here in North America often but they are worth a look at the same price range's as the lower ANE's (lower as in the $5k to $25k range lol) I really like the Avatar 2's they do something with the SET that suck you into the music.
I currently use the Lore 2.0 [ti tweet, 10" woof] from Tekton - God didnt make this one. Its a mortal creation, imperfect. Its a high value [cheap] high efficiency large box that's not boomy and doing ok. Speaker reviews ARE LIKE SIZING UP A HORSE BY ONLY LOOKING AT THE REAR END. My view ie the Linn view: the speaker is always least important. The signal [front end] is most important. Every component downstream from the performance distorts and colors the initial signal,  from the bow on the violin to the hall acoustics to the mikes and recording gear to the studio tape machines to the mastering to the plant to the cartridge then the tonearm and wire to the phono stage and then the ICs, then to the amp etc etc. By the time the signal reaches the speakers its been screwed with more than a model in high heels. So when a reviewer declares that some speaker is "great" without mentioning and factoring in the upstream components, hes doing little good, maybe more harm than good. Perhaps worse then a useless lame review if not falsifying. Speakers all color the sound and none can be designed to do otherwise. They also intentionally fall far short of "fidelity" to a recording, which has already fallen far short of a live performance, so whats the right criteria for gear reviews then? There is no such thing as right criteria!   Had quite a few speakers and amps and preamps etc, tube and SS. Tape, vinyl and CD. Been there and back. I have yet to read a single gear review that even attempted to propose let alone declare "criteria" beyond stating biases and generalities. This isnt a creative hobby, its just trading toys. The only way one can advance is to trade up, take chances and thereby hope to learn as you go, using ones own room and gear and bank account. Few reviews helped in making a purchase; most reviews in fact are biased and misleading sales pitches and harm more than help; especially harmful to new buyers who are lacking experience and might be more easily suckered. . 
Speakers are indeed most important and the pairing with the right amp is part of it. The source is always important, but today many good ones can be had cheaply with the speaker/amp combo really determining the resulting sound to the greatest degree. 

@glennewdick. Agreed that the LV speakers are just wonderful!
Every single component in the audio signal chain is important and influential (weakest link analogy).  However I do agree that the amplifier/speaker interface is critical for success.  Practically speaking you can't separate the amplifier and speaker,  they're intertwined.  As a pair they  profoundly determine the ultimate sound quality of the audio system. 
Charles