High Resolution Downloads

Do the high resolution downloads from HDTracks at 24/192 remain the same resolution when burned to a CD?
128x128maxdpnxcom

Showing 2 responses by zd542

"Once burned to CD, the resolution will be 16/44, not 24/192."

That may not be the only case. I have an Alessis Masterlink 9600 that can burn 24/96 to CD-R's. You only get about 20min per CD and you need to play it back on something that supports the format, like the Masterlink itself.

The 9600 I have is about 10 years old. I would suspect that there are now many options to do something like this with a PC.
"09-02-13: Abruce
The Alessis Masterlink 9600 hard drive may be 24/96 but after burning that to cd it isn't cant be its a cd"

The HD has nothing to do with "being" 24/96. Its just a regular HD. You can put anything you want on it. As far as being able to call a CD you burn a CD, you can't do so under any circumstances. CD's are pressed. CD-R's are burned. I took the liberty of assuming the OP was referring to CD-R's with his question about burning just for that reason. I just mentioned a possible solution to the OP's concern and that during the 10 years I had my Alesis, there are no doubt several other similar solutions, as well.