High Quality XLR IC's For My System

The last step of my year long upgrade process is complete except for the two 1m XLR IC’s I use to connect my phono preamp to my preamp and my SACD player to my preamp. Using Audioquest Californias now.

I am simply looking to upgrade the XLR IC’s. Budget is $1200

I would prefer to buy used but not necessarily; Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

teeshot

Showing 4 responses by 4425

from experience i’d look to purchase used sets of AQ niagara which sell for about $700 per pair. when you try AQ’s silver interconnects you’ll never go back. it’s very smooth and detailed. has some magic. imo
btw don’t linger if a pair of niagara’s become available. they don’t last long at all. only if you’re interested in them of course. 
trust me. niagara’s are no compromise. there’s something special about that cable. can’t say why.
Tee shot...AQ Sky’s can be had from $700 to $800 for a 1m pair. However for some obvious reason they spurned a lot of fakes. There are photos available online that indicate obvious differences which usually revolve around the color of the braiding. I’ve been burned once and almost twice. I think Niagara is a better value and maybe safer. Just my opinion.