High Quality Interconnects for Luxman L-590AXII

I would like to seek experiences from current owners of the Luxman L-590AXII (or other Luxman models). Have you tried different interconnects particularly the balanced XLR versions and heard a profound difference with the cables? I only compared a $1,500 balanced XLR to a $500 single-ended RCA and so far the balanced XLR sounded superior. I believe the balanced connection of the Luxman is capable of producing better results when compared to single-ended.

Has anyone compared different balanced interconnects on the Luxman and noticed a difference in sound quality between the cables?

ryder

I have the 590axii as well running either Revel 228be or YG acoustics Carmel, source is the current DAC from Weiss which is balanced.  I’ve tried Nordost Tyr2, another solid silver homemade cable, and Mogami, all in XLR and have found no difference in sound.  I do agree the XLR sounds better than the RCA.  I find interconnects, especially balanced, make the least difference in sound, in comparison to PCs and speaker cables.  In my system right now I have about $100 in XLR cables and $5k in PCs.  I am not a cable ‘skeptic’.  At one time I had the full Luxman best in separates ‘stack’ with all Nordost Tyr XLRs and found a very slight difference there in interconnects.  For now I’m just sticking with Mogami for all my XLRs.  

@ryder

Okay I completed the comparison of the Red Dawn and the Silver Reference II today. No doubt about my conclusion here, the Acoustic Zen is the better cable. The Red Dawn may, and I repeat may have had better highs. The Acuoustic Zen had better bass, mids, and just over all tonal accuracy. I found myself keeping beat with the Acoustic Zen, and with the Nordost I felt the music was dead and as a result I just sat there, listening. I really don’t know how to say this, but the AZ you felt the passion in the music. The Nordost you simply heard it. Did the Nordost sound bad, no! Just to me it was passionless. I also felt the AZ combo had a slightly wider soundstage.

I’m using KEF Reference 3 speakers running full range, and I’m also using a JL Audio F-113 V2 crossed over at 50hz.

I’m not going to claim this is the ultimate cable set up, but I will say that I have zero complaints with it!

OP…what speaker cables are you using? May be look into going with the same brand interconnects?