High Quality Fuses in Amps

Question: Are the so called 'high quality' amplifier fuses really worth the money? I have a set of 1999 VTL 125 mono-blocks and I need to replace a fuse. Anyone tried the HIFI Tuning slow blow B+ rail fuses? They are kinda pricey at $29.95 each... Will they make a positive improvement in a good rig?
stickman451
I see S has been running around with the TOP cats agin...lookout!Sorry for the jack,buy and try 451,you can't go wrong.Definately maybe,good luck,were all in this together,Bob
Here's my 2 cents - Everything makes a difference - speaker cables, interconnects, power cords etc - sometimes subtle - sometimes drastic - changes are not necessarily better or worse - just different - I find that there are often trade offs - somethings improve at the expense of others like adding some warmth and sacrificing some dynamics - SO JUST Enjoy the hobby - P.S. I just bought some cable isolators and the are on their way - can't say for sure that they will improve the sound but hey I like the way they look - I'm sure I'll get around to the fuses some day
I'm very pleased with the HiFi Tuning fuse they are a vast improvement. Happy Thanksgiving...
I can't understand how anyone could not be, at least curious about the fuses - I ordered a pair for my krell 400xi - Even got them for $5.00 LESS per fuse - I can't wait to try them - The people at krell think I'm wasting my money - I'll let yawl know the results ...CHEERS !
OK - I swapped out the Cheap Fuses with the Hi Fi tuning Fuses - not knowing what music to choose for the comparison - I decided upon a well recorded rock song with a "Hot" mixed high end - "Driven to Tears" by The Police. I felt this was a good choice because I would be easily ably to discern any refinement or added energy and if the fuses added any compression, the highs would become blaring and grainy. Well, I am happy to report that the fuses brought a bit of refinement to my rig which was easily heard in the top end. The refinement came without sacrafising any detail or speed. Did they make a mountain out of a mole hill ? NO - but for me the added refinement was a welcome addition.