High quality CDs

Where can I find CDs with high quality recording, specifically classical.. More than 50% of the CDs that I buy with classical music, sounds so anemic and noisy when you crank up. Any suggestions will be really helpful. I prefer physical format over streaming.. 

rman9

I think the key point here is the assertion that certain recordings are “bad” to start with. Bad is a very subjective and general adjective. It will literally mean something different to everyone.

Expectations matter. If you expect all recordings should sound the way you think they should that is the trap that many fall into or chasing something they want that does not exist.  You will always be disappointed and lose interest  

Think of recordings as works of art. There are all kinds all different. Each has something to offer. If you have good vision you are in a position to best assess art visually. Same with a hifi. A good one gives you a clear view of the recording at hand. You either appreciate what it has to offer or not. Each is different though. Try to listen for what is there in the music that might be of interest. That allows one to find something to appreciate in more recordings. That’s what music lovers do. Whereas a hifi or technology lover will focus more on the imperfections and all recordings even the best have those. Recordings are what they are. You either value a recording in some way or you don’t. It’s all fine. Just don’t get caught on the merry go round where practically nothjng sounds the way you think it should or want it to. It is what it is. No hifi will change that. It can only let you hear how every recording is different, which I view as an interesting thing worth experiencing. Cheers!

One other suggestion I can make in cases where someone has a great system but finds most recordings lacking is consider Ohm Walsh speakers. These do things totally differently. They present the music like a live performance on your room rather than as a conventional stereo speaker delivery of what is in the recording. These are for people who just want to enjoy all kinds of music effortlessly by placing the music in your room rather than just firing a recording at you.  It just might be the ticket a true music lover is looking for.   I have two pair in addition to others. 

I find that the Audiophiliac, Steve Guttenberg, often  reviews many a good sounding CD during his review of products on YouTube.