Here's a puzzle for you, Hi-Fi gear experts.
I would like an integrated amplifier or a power amplifier + network player combo that..
has the following:
- is a 2-channel Class AB amplifier
- delivers at least 100W into 8 ohms at THD+N < 0.05%
- preferably delivers at least 200W into 8 ohms at THD+N < 0.01%
- can dive down to 2 ohms for musical transients (my Canton Reference 5K speakers go down to 3 ohms)
- can play 192k FLAC files from a DLNA server or USB Hard Drive (DSD and MQA playback are a plus)
- can be controlled via a remote and a mobile app
- MSRP is below $5000 (the less, the better - I am also open to buy used)
- no need to mention I am looking for the best sound quality I can get
doesn't necessarly need to have the following:
- tone controls
- Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster, etc.
- FM Radio
- internet radio
- a ton of digital and analogue inputs and outputs
- subwoofer out
- Headphones amplifier
- other extra features besides the ones listed above
Here are some candidates I already identified in the marketplace - with their downsides:
- The combo Cambridge Audio Azur 851N+851W: no real downsides, but I am convinced I can get better amp performance in this price range :)
- Yamaha R-N803D: has a lot of extra features I don't need and only delivers 100W at 0.019% THD; but is quite cheap @ $800
- Hegel H360: not very clear if the DLNA functionality works only with a network storage - seems that it needs an uPnP-capable media player. Price is quite high (around $6000 new; however on the used market dives down to $3000)
- Rotel RT-1570 + RB-1582 MKII: streamer is entry-level, amp doesn't have very good reviews
- NAD M32 + BluOS v2: is a class D amplifier
- Musical Fidelity M6 Encore 225: has a lot of extra features I don't need (CD Player, ripper)
- I use Canton Reference 5K speakers (https://www.canton.de/en/reference-k/reference-5-k
) and I mostly listen to Jazz and Classical music with a dash of Pop from time to time.
- I would, of course, preffer a one-box solution to my puzzle :)
If you have other recommendations, please enlighten me!
Thank you very much in advance!