I have a noise issue that is intermittent. Here is what the noise sounds like:https://clyp.it/4b233bmm
Here is what I know so far:
- The sound affects all components and is compounded if all components are turned on. I have turned off my preamp, phono preamp, leaving just my mono blocks on, and the noise still appears.
- I have turned off everything and unplugged everything in the house including my dimmer switch, and the noise still appears.
- I have a pair of pro-audio monitors, self powered with class AB amps, and when I plug those into the same outlet, I hear the same noise coming through the pro-audio monitor. So this rules out my big system.
- The noise is primarily during the day and goes into the evenings, weekends too, early mornings it does not appear.
- I live in a pre-war mid-rise building. I have no ground, I'm using a Nordost QKore grounding system. This did reduce the noise floor quite a bit, but has no affect on this intermittent noise.
- I have a cell phone tower directly across the street from my building in Manhattan.
- Looking at a real time analyzer, I see peak at 2kHz when the noise appears.