High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 Effect

I'm looking for some advice please.
Has anyone used/is using a High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 Power Conditioner?
What are your observations?
I'm looking at possibly getting one.

Have a number of extras already:
- Akiko Triple AC Power Enhancer
- Akiko Audio Fuse Box Tuning Chip
- iFi AC iPurifier
- Russ Andrews 'The Silencer'
- Mad Scientist Nitro power cables
- Signal Ground Solutions Grounding Box
- Bybee iQSE

I'm not looking for comments from those who have not heard this in a system.

jerrybj

Showing 46 responses by aseaman007

Just bought the MC.05 Helix signature, plugged in about 4hrs now. What should I focus on hearing to see if working ? Thxs
Thxs 68Pete, I read that on one post so I won't move it now. 24hrs has past now. 
Listened this morning haven't noticed anything yet. 
Tommyu it's a new Rick creation I believe from what i can remember from his convo. 
Looking forward to the change, like I told Rick I will be totally surprised since my systen sound pretty good if i especially playing 196hrz 24bit rate music. Wow, it's like a drug once you hear it.

But reading one fellows review I don't want to catch what he caught off these little drugs, 10 in his system plus a pro mc.05.... 
Let you know in the future. 🎶🎸🎷🎹🥁🎺🎻
Morning,
            I installed it in the outlet that feeds my system, I am going to get one more for my surge protector strip where all my plugs are plugged into. 
Rick's advise before I bought it. Hopefully this will give me the biggest change to the sound. 

Some posters here claim an immediate change, some say after 4days, 200hrs, 400hrs biggest change. We shall see or hear. Lol
I can think of one question, the time these posters are talking about breakin time. Are they speaking of time you play your system or time in the outlet ? 

Or do they mean the beat to the music you listen too ? Crazy mental gymnastics in this hobby. ;)
Another pt I heard you say, leave it in one place. If you change it to another powerline that makes sense, but if on the same line as your system then I would think that would not matter.
According to Rick the mc 05 leaves a lasting residual on the line after you unplug it, for a time he stated 24hrs. Food for thought.
Wow, so much for the 30 day return policy. 2hrs a day lets say.... Dangg.  That's alot of days. Lol
Well looks like a long melody to be had for breakin. 
Thxs Jerrybj, 
              I put it where Rick said it should go so I'm hoping its right, but why in the strip. Isn't the outlet feeding the surge protector strip as mine is and most people. 
I will get one more once I hear it works, with all these positive reviews I have no doubt it will work.
But I'm a big skeptic when it comes to all these types of tweaks. Fingers crossed that I get alittle difference sooner then later, I want to swim in the musical narvana like the rest of you guys....lol 

Just like some peace of mind knowing in the outlet is the best place with only one unit. 
Thxs everyone. 
@Lowrider57 that was my thinking, I’m not a Electrian but current is constant unless there’s a breaker in its path so it should get through into the reciever especially on standby. Which mine is set and the surge protector is live also.

I read one of your earlier posts stating your amp issue, is it fixed now. What’s changed in sound in your system since mc05 add ?
I’ve read people have 10 mc05 units in there systems, if there’s a good improvement might get one more max. It's been almost 4days I'm not sure yet, plus i have the mc05 helix signature which one guy says it takes even longer to breakin. So I'm looking forward to the improvement even more. Thxs
@68pete  That's what the residual effect is, wires will stay magnatized for a while after pulled out. How long I don't know, but you proved it when you unplugged your system for days away. When you plugged it back in it didn't take long because it had some magnatism left over in your wires. 

Ok, back to some Jethro Tull n Styx... 

Hmm, 4th day in the outlet, not sounding to good today. Weird, sounded better last 3 days.
Wonder why it does that goes from good to not so good.
But from other posts it sounds like this is normal. Any ideas why it would do that good to not so good.
Well that sounds as good as I could ever imagine, good explaination to me. 
True depending on draw from everything and surrounding houses i guess also has something to do with it. 
Like you and 68Pete stated patience is a virtue, something i fight with all the time. Thxs
It’s on their website, its the MC - .05 Helix signature. The way I understand it, they are stronger then base .05 s plus gold internal connects stronger draw to middle of wire. 
I’ve got the 3D going now, voices are smooth, bass tight quick solid sound. I like that no boomy sound. I have Yamaha RXA 3050 Flagship reciever, 150 per ch. Fronts n center, Bi amped so 300 watts to each speaker, plenty of sound dbs.
Their horns so I get perfect voices plus set amp at 80hrz so all going to top mid end. Sub takes low end. Clean n loud but only push less then half volume, neighbors already let me know... Sometimes I get way into it. Lol
Happy spinning the sound.
@Giantsalami,
Well it sounds better than day 4, but I can't put my finger on what has changed exactly. But its been in now 12 days, like I told Rick my system sounded good right now. Just wish i could figure what really changed, sounds cleaner, bass is good, tight. So it's a positive but maybe my hearing isn't as good as others on this forum. Lol

I'm happy with the MC.05 Helix, signature, so another 200+ more hrs to perfection. I can't wait but hoping I can hear the difference in the sound.  Thxs
Yes, it's getting better now, some depth, some 3D, bass is alittle tighter even quicker. To these old ears, alittle Steely Dan, V.Morrison, guitar sounds great. 
But like I've stated it sounded good before the MC.05 Helix signature, but looking for more ear candy. I hear fully broken in at 500hrs from sales mrg. so just waiting. Q, did you hear a increase in volume little, seems my system has increase alittle from normal listening setting. Today i moved the volume up 2dbs more. Sweet
@nonoise 
              I noticed the samething in my system, i thought i was going Wuhan virus crazy. But i noticed the volume knob, same setting but louder
but it sounded so good i kicked it up a couple dbs to much got a call from office. Lol
Just enjoying some Fleetwood mac, Boston.. lol
Enjoy.
Nice, I hear alot of good things about tube amps. No conditioners just a couple of PS harvesters and the MC - .05 Helix signature, your right nothing on exactly what the signature is or does on webpage. 
What speakers do you use ? Thinking of new speakers but love the sound I have now. My goal was spend more on front end and budget speakers last. Honestly I like my sound but not for everyone. ;)
Happy Listening
@nonoise to me when I turn the volume up I can hear separation of instruments in the music. Does anyone hear that too ?
It seems certain instruments have a more profound sound signature, smoother, fuller.
Or is this my mine and hearing playing tricks on me ? 
Keep on rockng peeps
Awesome, I'm liking what I'm hearing so smooth, even with old recording not remastered. Played some old Tommy james n Shondels, The Grassroots, The Guess Who (These Eyes) .Not as crisp as the new remastered stuff but awesome compared to my system back in HS listening to the same music. Funny how I've changed over time with my music tastes. Listened to Bob Dylan.. Keep Rocking folks
Oh thxs 68Pete, sounds about right from my distant convo with Rick last mth. Deciding to get another or not. I'm not sure if it will change anymore to the better. Thxs
Lowrider57, That sounds like a sweet system, I cant imagine how good it sounds. Thxs
Deffinitely have the 3D working now, smooth sounding voice, instruments. Sweet ear candy. Lol. 
Now I'm wondering what a second one would sound like, I find it very hard to think it could get any better then what I have playing. 
Enjoy
@giantsalami, Yes it seems it takes alittle time to notice a change. You will really like your system at 400hrs like I did. I’m amazed it changed my system for the better, when I said to Rick I would be totally amazed if it changed any sound in my system. My system sounded great before MC.05 entered into my system, running horns and all.
Today marks 21days in my system.
I might get one more, will decide before end of April. Happy Listening.
@giantsalami  How's your system sounding now ? Like I stated it seems it took my system about 400hrs for me to really hear the 3D, tight bass, smooth sound in general. 
Happy Listening
@ MC.05 board, curious on the # of units in your system to where your the happiest with the sound ? Ex : 1, 2, or many ? 
Happy listening folks
@Jay73, That's what I would do plug into the socket v Isotek as my convo with Rick. He's the expert on this product, but get others take on postion. Read all the posts. 
I am happy with my MC - .05 Helix Signature, can only imagine what a Pro 1 would sound like. Wow
Happy Listening
Lowrider57 that's what Rick told me so I just am passing along same info, I assume he's tried all arrangements with MC-.05s, 
Just wondering if 1 more will make a big enough change or not., I have the MC.05 Helix signature now, what's your thoughts on your 3 in your system. 
Happy Listening
Does a second MC - .05 Helix Signature make a big difference in your sound stage ?
Keep on rocking 
@giantsalami  Great, yes I find turning it up brings more detail and the bass is stronger. I turned my down one db. 
I think I will order one more while supplies last, sale ;)
Hey GiantSalami,
                     How's it sounding now since added MC .05 Sig. ? 
Wow, Sounds great. I saw that Rick had 3 MC .05s at B stock prices but never see a 1.0 at B stock price ? Wonder why, to expensive to let it go I guess. 
I'm wanting to upgrade my speakers, not sure when but have the desire. 
Happy Listening.
Hey 68Pete,
               I have toed my speakers straight at me now vs straight a head mostly to cut the reflections off the side wall plus put up 2 sound acoustic panels. I need 2 - 3 more panels one to go in back of tv and 2 on the ceiling. 

@ozzy or 68pete since you both are most knowledgible on mc .05 & nps 1260. I tried to get a bottle of nps 1260 I guess their not selling it anymore ? Strange they stated it was the best thing since sliced bread. Lol

Hey ozzy how did you like the nps 1260 ? Does anyone know the difference between the nps 1260 & nps Q 45t ? What ingredients are ? I got an email available feb 8. I’m sure its good since I am a believer in their mc.05s, have 3 of those, I wanted to get one more mc05 but didnt want to wait 2 3 mths for delivery.

Happy listening 😎

@ozzy did you apply it to your tv plug ? 

@68pete Let me know how it works, only thing holding me back is how fast nps Q45t came out right after they couldnt get nps 1260 anymore. What is the difference in ingredients

that make it better or whatever makes it better.

Thxs  

@ozzy great sounds like its going in the right direction, I myself have 2 mc05 helix sigs and 1 reg mc05 in my system. Plus toed in finally right, straight at my listening position, for some reason it took me a while to find that magic toe in just right. 
But I like the soundstage, width, depth, voicing dead center Im so fooled I keep checking to make sure my center speaker is off. Lol it is.
Now Im thinking of 2 things, 1 add a second sub, rel 7tx but I have a def tech supercube 4000 now, Im afraid using 2 different sub will it be a blending nightmare ? 2) try the Nps 1260 ? Which first... lol Need some help on this one. 
Happy Listening. 🎸🥁🎹🎷
@giantsalami, wow very nice. Yes you need very deep pockets for all of Rick’s toys he sells. I don’t have any Pro helix mc05s in my system, just 2 mc05 helix sigs, 1 regular mc05 and I like the sound my system makes.
But I see from the board that this hobby can be addictive.
I am considering the nps 1260 but havent pulled the trigger yet, its just painting cables ends are not my idea of fun. But will it really make a audible difference to my old ears. Lol 🎶😎

@ozzy I'm not a big bass kinda guy just fill in the bottom end nicely.
But many experts like Gene audioholics states 2 subs fills in or even outs the room pressure no nulls in a room, otherwise I'm fine right now. 
Nps 1260 sounds great from those who've used it, I read the reviews. Good ones, today is the last day so I have to decide on a Pro mc05 or nps 1260 is regular price so no rush on that. I listened a for about an hr today. 🎶😎
Wow, JL must shake the windows & foundation. Lol
My exwife loved sales, she’d swim a river full of crocs for a 40% off deal.
At 60% I’m not sure what she’d dp maybe even kill a dragon perhaps. 🎶
Well I slept on the sale so my 2 Mc05 helix sigs & 1 reg. mc05 will do, I really was thinking on a pro mc05. But I can’t believe my sound can get any better, seriously thinking on the Nps 1260. But what will I hear over what I have now ?
@giantsalami , really do you think so, well nps 1260 sounds very effective as everyone says.
Tomorrow I will call him, we’ve never spoke just emailed several times. I listened to his Youtube video on nps but his recording was so low I had to listen to it in my car. Interesting stuff but I can see how it works in away with all those different nano particles. Rare elements used hence the price, but being in sales 30yrs theres always a deal to be made. 😎
Happy Listening
68pete have you used the nps 1260 with your 68 mc05 s yet ?
Whats different now using nps ?

Hi 68pete,

So did you apply the nps1260 directly to the

Mc05s ? How long in time did you hear a difference.

How many connections did you do at first ?

Happy Listening. 🎶

Thxs 68pete, I’m looking forward to trying nps 1260 when its available and back in stock. I have 3 mc 05s now

2 helix sigs 1 reg. It sounds awesome at this moment but wonder if a anotjer helix sig or mc1 ? 

If id hear a difference.

According to jessica nps 1260 wont be back in stock for at least 2 weeks. Wave guides shipped 2 - 3 weeks.