High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

Showing 27 responses by crummwoody

A few comments and some questions about High Fidelity Cables:

I use and like NPS 1260.  I firmly believe I notice a positive effect.

That said, my BS Detector does off when I read some of their hyperbole filled statements concerning products.

As I am mostly interested in the soon to arrive NPS Q45T, I have been following the company on FB and Audiogon.  Just a couple of things on FB that get me wondering:

1)  Posted by the company on FB:  "NPS-Q45T is not only twice the sonic improvement of 1260 but also now even easier to apply!"  Twice the sonic improvement?  As measured how?

2) Also posted by HF Cables:  A "review" by "Dave (no last name provided)" that says. in part, "I have not treated most connections yet but already NPS Q45T produces the greatest listening experience that I have heard in my system in 50 years of continual upgrades."  I posted a comment asking who the reviewer is (customer, beta tester, employee, professional reviewer) and there has been no reply.

I fully understand I, as all consumers, have a choice to purchase a product or not buy it.  But why, for heaven's sake, does High Fidelity Cables go so overboard in pitching their products?  Comments welcome.

Sorry folks, but I have keep my feet up, so as not to step in the ever rising BS about NPS 1260, the Q45T that is "twice as effective" and now a more potent batch of Q45T.  It just never ends!

By the way, I use and like 1260 and Q45T, but let's not get carried away and lose sight of people that say they have been left high and dry by HFC- to say nothing of employees of the defunct company.

Posted to High Fidelity Cables website- appreciate any input/opinion for forum members:

"Own and use NPS-1260. Considering NPS-Q45T, but have a few questions: The Q45T description says "not to disturb the connection"- I was told that 1260 applied connections could be removed and re-seated as long as there was visual evidence of proper 1260 coverage. Is Q45T different in that regard? This is relevant as I rotate gear in my system occasionally. Second- should all 1260 be removed prior to Q45T application? This seems difficult, if not impossible, because of solution residue, such as in female connector where 1260 was applied to the male connector. It was suggested that full benefit of 1260 might take up to 6 weeks- is that the same time frame for the Q45T? Finally, will there be videos showing proper application of the new formula? Thanks!"

Good to have opinions, but to be clear, High Fidelity Cables (HFC) wrote that one could disconnect and re-connect without re-application of 1260.  To quote the company: "We move cables around often and find that a re-application is not always necessary. In fact, it is maybe every 3rd or 4th disconnection that we will treat again. We recommend evaluating the remaining visible NPS-1260 and re-applying if it shows to be diminished" HFC 9/10/21.  My question was whether Q45T was different in this regard.

@nasaman   RE:  Running out of stock.  Their site isn't even operable as I write this...  so, there's that.

Yes, It appears Rick has left this country for Canada.  I'll leave the verb choice to others- fled is certainly one candidate.  Multiple posts write that unfulfilled orders remain- leaving those customers without products or money paid for them.  If true, that's not OK.

I don't know the details of the HFC demise.  Such factual information has not been posted here, despite frequent speculation and opinion.  Most certainly, the owner of HFC has not been forthright and transparent here.

I, for one, view the experience as a cautionary tale:  In the future, I will be very wary of sending money to any future endeavors involving the individual. 

@68pete You could be right about the holiday.  However, the site was up and running earlier today, when I posted my questions.  If I don't hear back in a couple of days, I'll try your FB suggestion.  Thanks!

@nasaman  Good to know why website is down.  Thanks for the inside scoop.  What is your affiliation with HFC?

@68pete  "High Fidelity Cable is gone"  Have you been able to confirm this?  I have been unsuccessful in reaching the company- believe me, I've tried- via phone, email and Face Book.

I ask as their web site still says High Fidelity Cables is temporarily closed due to covid.

Also, they still have active listings on Audiogon selling new products.  In fact Audiogon states they are not aware of business closure.

Confusing, to put it mildly.

There are two basic topics on this thread:  Q45T, and is HFC closed.  This post is about the latter.  While there are many who write that they know the owner, Rick, it is striking that over the period of rumor, speculation and drama associated with HFC and it's current business status- there appears no one has met with or spoken to Rick.  Has he not reached out to any of his long term customers?  Is he a ghost?

While HFC listings continue to be active on both Audiogon and CableCo, from experience, orders are NOT being filled, and attempts to contact the company continue to be met with silence.  Audiogon tells me they are unable to reach the company.  Yet, the HFC website continues to say "...temporarily closed due to covid".  Tough to know what to believe.

It would be particularly useful if someone could provide FACTS from Rick himself, rather than speculation and opinion.

Unfortunately, given listings for the company are still out there with no contact from HFC- it is becoming increasing difficult to have any confidence in the ability to safely procure products. 

I would greatly appreciate being proven wrong.

@nasaman Sounds like @ayodej is asking for help.  $15,000 is a goodly sum of money.  Perhaps you can provide assistance?

@nasaman What purpose would it serve for me to send you, a person unaffiliated with HFC, the invoice? 

A'gon Marketplace is where I made the purchase, and they are fully aware of the situation, as I have been in constant contact with them.

@jerryg123 Thank you for taking the time to obtain in person information.  It is much appreciated.

I hope everyone appreciates my reluctance to provide an invoice to someone I don't know and is not officially connected to HFC or A'gon.  Invoices contain personal information- something one should be careful sharing.

That said, I appreciate the offer @nasaman .  Should I not receive the Q45T as promised- I may reach out.

Rest assured, if I receive the Q45T- I will relay that positive outcome.

@jamcoyle Still waiting for order of NPS-Q45T.  Was promised it would ship 2 days ago- there is a tracking number from Canada Post ***BUT*** package is not actually at Post Office yet per Canada Post tracking as of this time.  Weird. 

UPDATE:  Received package today with bottle labeled "High Fidelity Cables NPS-Q45T 3D Enhancer Solution"  Believe it to be the 10ml size I ordered- but size not indicated on label.

Label is askew- not straight on bottle- amateurish work.  No instruction paper or info in package- just tissue paper wrapping.  No contact information.

Ordered from HFC Texas via A'gon Marketplace-  package mailed from Vega Alberta.  I was assured that it was mailed 3/7/22- yet was not dropped off at Post Office until 3/10/22.  Name on return address was "Contact Enhancer", not HFC or Rick Schultz.  It was ordered on 2/20/22.

Shifty bunch, in my experience.

Unlike NPS-1260- I have not seen any disclosure of ingredients for Q45T.  No idea what is in the bottle.  Therefore, I will be wearing a mask at time of application and take precautions to avoid skin contact. 

@68pete Perhaps Rick didn't post ingredients, but Ozzy did on 10/21/21 under "NPS Connection Fluid" discussion.

@sjsfiveo Perhaps check with Mastercard to see how much time you have to make a claim.  That way you know how long you can wait.  I was told many orders were filled at the same time as mine- for what that’s worth.  I got a tracking number from Canada Post a day after my promised shipping date.  Best of luck- I recommend you stay on top of this.

So… there is no Safety Data Sheet for Q45T?  That was my point- the end user doesn’t know what is in the Q45T.  

"I know what the main active ingredient is. I published it in a post on Audiogon a couple of years ago. It's non-toxic."  Interesting, except Q45T did not exist a couple of years ago...

@theaudiotweak 

"Boys and girls there’s a new kid on the block so retrieve your cleaning kits from retirement and have them ready to work again"

Is it a Rick Schultz creation/product?