High End Ethernet Cables ....Real Deal or Snake Oil

Digital streaming and network-based storage systems are now mainstream. I have notice more and more cable companies are coming out with 'fancy' Ethernet cables ranging from $25-$2500. 

Purist Audio, Cardas, Chord, Wireworld and Stealth Audio to name a few.  I am assuming, AudioQuest is probably the first manufacturer to recognized the potential for a fancy Ethernet cable and started this trend (sorry no offense to anyone). 

Let's for a moment assume that there is a audible difference in sound quality when streaming music files from a NAS or intranet to a server. Ethernet is an error corrected transmission protocol, it is going to be bit perfect. Are these fancy cables banking on the same principles of other digital (SPDIF/XLR) cables ~ a well made cable reduces the margin of errors resulting in less requests for re-sends, and if there are less errors and subsequent re-sends, perhaps this higher performance results in less noise, fewer dropouts at the receiving end, and subsequently better sound quality?

I do not know a lot about networking so I chose an easier path to stream music in my rig. My setup involves a music server, DAC and Apple Extreme base. 

I am wondering how many of you using a high end Ethernet cable vs. a generic Ethernet cable. 

Is there a test data or device that tells us how many errors and re-sends happen in Ethernet data transmissions to justify the use of uber 'pricey' ethernet cables? 

Thank you all for your feedback! 
128x128lalitk
+1 audiotroy for the alcohol into gas chromatograph analogy. It doesn't prove ethernet cables make an objective difference but it does remind us that the human senses are more complex than man-made measurement devices. (Although I'm confident a modern GC/MS would be able to distinguish between the three listed alcoholic beverages--but it doesn't "taste" them.) IMO no one on this forum should be unwilling or afraid to test stuff. When you do test, be brave enough to honestly say you hear no difference, you're not sure if there is a difference, or you clearly hear a difference. I can't reliably hear a difference between 16/44 and 24/96 or higher when comparing the same mastered recording in my system. Others say they can in their systems...that's okay with me. I haven't done the test with their systems. I focus on RedBook and they focus on high res files. And we both derive satisfaction from pursuing the hobby differently.  
I clearly hear a difference between better Ethernet cables. It’s not even subtle. The improvement of my Wireworld Ethernet cables over the decent DH Labs Reunion Ethernet cable is obvious. 
Does anyone know where to buy a great ethernet cable brand/model in bulk and what connectors to use? I have about a 60 foot run I need to make and also want to make some for my modem, switch and NAS.

Thanks!
Supra Ethernet 8 from Madisound. They can help with bulk and the connectors. Great bang for the buck cable.