High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion
Isn't class D just prepackaged class ab?
Na, they're HF power oscillators that try to make sound.

Cheers George
I was looking to change mine NAD C370 (For a class D amp) who had a faulty protection circuit which is fixed and some other nearby strategic capacitors where also changed for around 50,- Euro on cost an materials. Than it occurred to me that a total revision on my NAD was only 350,- Euro to make him even sound better (probable) an will last another 25 years or so. Another thing is i run 2 sets of speakers close monitoring an far-field the integrated preamp gives me all possibilities to use one of the 2 sets with one click of a button. If i buy a class D amp i have to consider too look for a new separate preamp involving cost. Another thing to think about if something go’s wrong (as with my NAD) spare parts are cheap an are there for the foreseeable future if a high switching class D amp containing probably also specific programed firmware (wich is not free availeble for upload) stops working it is likely you can dump it with in 10 years time.
So i think we don’t have enough reliability data regarding class D amp’s but for sure regarding technolgy, low energie use an sound quality Class D amp’s are the way forward imo
snarfie. You may have a point as far as availability of parts for an aging Class D amp but honestly like everything else you won't keep it that long. Class D amps may be like computers, always evolving which could render them obsolete in ten years (maybe)) compared to the latest offerings.
For laughs I picked up the new Edge A2-300 (Swedish Made) Class D amp, I'm not laughing now. Retails for $500.00 plus shipping and kicks butt at 150 watts per channel with a refined, clear sound coupled with solid dynamics. Excellent performer!
phd

I don't agree that today's class D can be compared to constantly evolving computers

My EVS1200 is a dual mono using IcePower As1200 modules which are highly tweaked by EVS.

See the new Stereophile review of PS Audio M1200s. As amazed as MF is, I bet they can't hold EVS jock strap
tweak1, I think your right that Class D amps are not evolving as fast as computers, but they are evolving (for the better?) that is why I emphasized maybe as a matter of opinion. Your EVS 1200 is a good example of good sound doesn't become antiquated.

I remember the first Class D amp that was successfully marketed and sold to the public, the PS Audio HCA-2 . Stereophile placed it in their Class A category and a reviewer stated that there would be many more designs to come but he doubted that any of them would sound as good as the HCA-2. Was he right?