High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion
Crown XLS1502 - 525wpc/4ohms. About $400 + free shipping from various eBay sellers. Why spend more? If the price was $4000 audiophiles would love it! Because price and a fancy case accounts for the perception of how "good" an amp sounds! This is the sad truth that audiophiles shut their ears to and refuse to accept!
@flatblackround Very interesting---I wondered about something like that. Using a high end integrated like a McIntosh or Luxman as the preamp and using a class D power amp. Like using an Accuphase integrated with a Bel Canto amp for more juice? Will it sound that much different than using the integrated alone? 
To my ears, Class A amp still beats out Class A/B and Class D amps.

I never cared for McIntosh Solid State Amps, IME their autoformer driven amps are no better than class D amps. Just like class D, the sound is clean as whistle but very bland.
I don’t have experience with those integrated amps, but I think the character of the preamp will be preserved using class d.  I think a nice tube pre and a class d amp would be great. For me it was all about whether the speakers will respond to the additional power.  My McIntosh was going into protection mode more frequently than I liked and that was an additional incentive to try class d.  My wife complains about how loud I play my tunes. Lol.  I also like having a back up amp in my main system.  Don’t be intimidated by the naysayers to try class d.