High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion

Showing 8 responses by klh007

@atmasphere, and @tweak1, Tweak1 is also getting Walter's Voyager GaN amp as well as having Ric's modded 1200AS amps, Ralph he deserves to be in your Beta testing.
@aolmrd1241, This is just speculation, but I looked at Doug's equipment list for a recent review and this was the last piece listed in amps,   Tri-Art Audio Series B 60W Class D with Tube Linear Power Supply,  link;  https://www.triartaudio.com/?page_id=3997      
Single ended Class D, 60WPC, I can't find a price?

@bullitt5094, Do you use RoomPerfect, and if you do is it a major factor in how good the 2170 sounds? 
@akgwhiz, I own a Rogue Medusa and rolling tubes makes a moderate but noticeable difference in tone, and extension at the extremes, I have a pair of Mazda 12AU7s in mine.
@akgwhiz, PS Audio makes a Stellar M1200 using a tube driver and IceEdge 1200AS module. VTV offers a Purifi module with a tube buffer.
@grk, Tommy uses an in-house designed Class D solution instead of adding a custom buffer to off the shelf modules, and they sound terrific.