High End Amp Price Collapse musings

If Class D amplification becomes accepted by audiophiles there should be a glut of high end amps (Krell, Levinson, Pass etc) becoming available on the used market at prices a fraction of what they are now.

Think CRT TV when the flat panels began emerging.I think Ill hold off on a new/used amp purchase for a little while. Maybe I will bet a Boulder.

Has any one else considered this?

energeezer
@speeddeacon 
'While I hope that the cheaper amps will not outperform or even remotely equal the sonics of their more expensive brethren...'  I don't understand why you would say that and you better get to much better than 80% if you are going to spend that kind of money.

My dream is that  a cheap amp outperforms and supercedes any amp no matter the price.  

And you can see, all this discussion is really not off-post as the Class A audiosnobs have already stated that Class D is vastly inferior (without citing specific direct comparisons) ...so those people will continue to pay whatever for those amps and thus the prices will NOT plummet.  Part of being an audiosnob is the appearance of their amp BTW - gotta have that 3/4 inch thick machined faceplate with fancy logo.  Remember though that's not just for appearance, that makes their amp sound much better due to the distortion reducing affect and the overall improvement to imaging and soundstage.
@jimman2, it's time to come clean.
Do you have some skin in this game?

You joined Audiogon 3 months ago, have 15 posts, ALL on this thread.
Don't you have any interest in anything audio related other than amplifiers?

You seem to enjoy busting on other folks amplifier purchases, but no interest in speakers, digital, analog, music, tech talk, or anything else in this hobby.

Are you a dealer or manufacturer? If not, what is your problem?
I've been on Audiogon for many years and have made numerous other posts in the past on different subjects - if I remember Audiogon went through some major changes in the past few years.

I (again state) that I find it interesting that numerous people owning Class A amplifiers bash Class D (in this thread) without indicating what (Class D) they've listened to.  I've made that point several times to no meaningful response.  I've never busted on anyone for owning Class A - my point is simply that if you are going to say something is better than something else it would help if you've listened to the something else and if you haven't your opinion is therefore not valid.  Analogy - I think apples are great but oranges suck and BTW I've never eaten an orange.  Maybe now you understand the point of my 16 posts.  When I get time I'm going to read through this entire post and list the quotes I think are not credible and why I think such.
P.S. I checked my status and I have positive feedback on Audiogon back to 2008 so I've been a member of this community at least that long.  
If you do a little research Danish company Lyngdorf has several patents 
and has technologies that use far less feedback then most digital companies ,
use the latest Hispeed Mosfets  and only a pr of Poly caps on the output 
the 2400 model I listened to ,that I am buying beat my dual mono a pass labs 
in several key areas .with my new Sonusfaber Olympica-3 speakers they are pretty nimble and prefer soundthing  very musical but also nimble the Lyngdorf 
at $2500 in my opinion is as good perhaps even a little more fleshed out in sounds then the Merrill which I heard side by side  for sure the best bass I have heard in the $4k and under class.  They also have a model with excellent room correction built in .i would have liked that  the 2400 model is 200, and 400 wpc .