High-Efficiency Single Driver Speaker System

For those of you who have gone to the 'Dark-side'---a high-efficiency single driver system and never looked back, I'd like to get your feedback on two specific things: 1)What type of music do you mostly listen to, and 2)What do you find are the most appealing characteristics that you find lacking in more traditional lower efficient, high power amplifier-based system. I currently have a custom EL34 JWN customized amp rated around 35-45 watts and I'm thinking about going this route.
a_passion

Showing 1 response by 4musica44107

One of my three primary systems is, as you say, of the "Dark-side" It includes Auditorium-23 Solovox Hommage speakers, a Shindo Masseto preamp, Wavelength Cardinal mono-block amplification, and multiple digital and analog sources. I use this system mostly for listening to solo vocals, solo instrumentals (especially acoustic), small ensemble classical, jazz, and blues, and small-scale orchestral works. The Solovox speakers disappear like no other speaker I have ever heard. The Solovox's PHY-HP driver is a magical gem of a driver. Even after nearly three years now, I continue to be amazed at this system's capacity for allowing me to believe (almost) that the musicians are in the room with me.