High efficiency monitors for SET amp in small room - budget 2.5k

Soliciting recommendations for high efficiency monitors that would work well paired with a relatively low-powered (22wpc) SET amp (Line Magnetic LM-218ia) in a small listening room. Budget is modest, around $2,500 and potentially stretching to $3,000 - thinking I'll be looking at pre-owned. Listen mostly to chamber music and jazz, not really worried about reproducing large scale orchestral music or rock.

Thanks for your thoughts!
zm

Showing 2 responses by jazzman463

I have a 12 x 13 room and just went through the same thing. I tested and listened for over a year. I tried Zu, Tekton, Klipsch, Usher, Kef.... Finally a used pair of Emerald Physics CS 3's  ( Clayton Shaw design )did the trick. I have a pair of his new generation M's from his new company, ( Spatial Audio Labs ) on order. For clean bass you got to get rid of the box in a room like that. You should be able to find a nice pair used as many Spatial heads are moving to his new designs. Tekton does make what looks like a nice open baffle.

I had the Emerald Physics from two to three feet from the wall. Much less critical then the Maggies.  I found the more distance between the speakers ( putting them closer to the side wall ) the better. I had them 6 inches from the side. The speakers totally disappear and sound great. You probably also can find some great deals on the Emerald Physics . I ordered the Spatial M 5's because of the size of my room and the simplicity of the design. Do not let anyone tell you OB's don't make bass, they make the sound of bass better then anything I ever heard.