High efficiency bookshelf speakers for 300B SET

I am thinking of jumping into tubeland with a 8-9 watt 300B SET amplifier. I have been looking at vintage horn speakers such as the Klipsch Cornwall and would love to be able to own them... but they are too large and heavy. I need a good pair of very sensitive bookshelf speakers so that I can use them in a college dorm room. (imagine me trying to get away with the Cornwalls...)

I'd prefer $1000 or under used. Can be newer or vintage models... as long as it is musical, dynamic and represents the frequencies well. I listen to a lot of genres...
peteraudio7
You're not going to get a lot of deep bass out of any bookshelf (that I know of) with sufficient sensitivity to mate with a <10wpc 300B amp. I used a pair of 3a deCapo (large-ish) monitors successfully with a pair of Cary 300B monos. Dynamics are somewhat limited as is the bottom end, but overall it worked out well.

Good Luck

Marty
You might try some Coincident Triumph UHS speakers. I had a pair a few years ago and they worked beautifully for me with a 20WPC amp that sounds more like 10WPC.

They should be available in your price range.

I was happy to have a boombox and 2 CD's and 3 cassettes when I was in college. The concept of a 300B amp in a dorm room just blows my mind.

Good luck,

Michael
I'm using Coincident Triumph Extremes with a pair of 300b 8 watts monoblocks with stunning results. I do subs but they have plenty of base on their own.
Take look at the Decware website, they have a bookshelf speaker that is meant to be used with low power amps. The model DM944 has a sensitivity of 94db and can be used with amps as low as 2 watts. Might just be the ticket!