High Current SS amps with input impedance = 200K

I'm looking to identify amps like this that would match optimally to an Audio Research sp16 tube pre-amp with output impedance of ~ 20K?
128x128mapman

Showing 4 responses by foster_9

I'm currently using a Burson AB-160 buffer between my McCormack DNA-500 amp and VTL preamp. I'm waiting for it and associated cables to break in and sonics to stabilize. I'll report back with developments after it gets some significant hours on it.
Al, thanks for the feedback as usual. I have a bit to add on the Burson AB-160 buffer. It's been in my setup for 3 days with signal going through (72 hours). What they say about it is true. It will take a budget player and lift its performance. The Burson is not connected to any of my players; it's between my amp and preamp. I have 3 different players connected to my VTL preamp, a Raysonic CD128, a Jolida player and an Onkyo. The low fi Onkyo is playing like a more expensive player now. It surpasses the other 2 players in extension, dynamics, low end, openness, you name it. And it has some inexpensive Tributaries IC's connected to it. Budget stuff in all. For the past 2 years I've only been using the Onkyo player for sending signal to facilitate break in with new gear and new cables. This is my experience with the Burson Buffer in my system 3 days. As others have said, the Burson seems not to have as significant of an affect on the performance of better players. At this point, I would say it is a detriment to the other players I have. Listening to this budget player with the Burson in place has also revealed what my speakers are capable of in the lower bass region. I had not heard these speakers go as low before.
As we all know very well lots of things in audio are both unexplainable and unpredictable. Almarg (Answers)

Al, I said practically the same thing in the "This Makes No Sense" thread.

All things occurring with the performance of audio systems are not guaranteed to make sense. If everything made sense, man would this be simpler. Foster_9

So our thinking is practically the same on the subject.