Hidden Gems in Classic Rock Albums

Please share songs you love that get overlooked on classic albums that most consider among the best ever--for example, those that regularly appear on the Rolling Stone top 100 list. Last weekend I played "Hotel California" all the way through and was really digging "Try and Love Again". Can't get it out of my head. Oddly, a Randy Meisner tune with great bass guitar and unique bass drum work by Don Henley--pumping it twice rather than once not sure why. There is some really great stabbing guitar lines, awesome rhythm guitar licks and a nice lead guitar. As always, great harmony vocals to boot. A really great song that seems to fly under the radar because it is on an LP that has so many "hits" and really great songs. 

Share yours!

dodgealum

Heart ’Down on Me’ off the Bebe le Strange album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-ECr1VRGY

Ursa Major. S/t

’72

can be had for Pennie’s, is very overlooked record!

it’s great!

Love this thread and thanks to whom ever posted about Bowie's "Cracked Actor".

Forgot how much I loved that song. There is an internet radio station called Desert Underground that plays obscure classic rock and came across a Tom Petty song worth mentioning. "Running Mans Bible".

All of these "Classic Rock’ albums could be considered Top 100 entries. I selected one album from each year of the 1970’s since IMO that defines "Classic Rock". Yes, all of these albums make my personal Top 100 list, FWIW I selected 3 albums from 1971 which I consider the strongest year of the 1970’s. I also avoided(tried?) any song that was released as a 45rpm single to make sure these were "deep" tracks.

1970-Grateful Dead-American Beauty-Attics Of My Life

1971-Alice Cooper-Love It To Death-Black Juju

Don Mclean-American Pie-The Grave

The Who-Who’s Next-My Wife

1972-Steely Dan-Can’t Buy A Thrill-Midnite Cruiser

1973-Montrose-ST-Make It Last

1974-Kiss-ST-Black Diamond

1975-Fleetwood Mac-ST-Crystal

1976-Bob Seger-Night Moves-Sunburst

1977-Heart-Little Queen-Love Alive

1978-Van Halen-ST-Atomic Punk

1979-The Knack-Get The Knack-Lucinda