Good luck with that one i only buy from USA!!!!!
14 responses Add your response
I whole-heartedly agree and have never bought audio out of the country. I just came across a piece they listed that was of interest at a great $, had never heard of them, but the site looked legit and professional history. Probably too good to be true, as these things almost always are. Just wanted to see if anyone has interacted with them.
Thanks to this discussion, I could stop myself from losing money. After I requested Hifi-Zetta to accept Paypal, they suggested that I use an escrow service for my protection. However, this company's UK street address has been used other escrow company claimed as a scam. For your information, I will paste the reply I received from Hifi-Zetta.
"Sorry but no longer accept payments through PayPal because of fraud (we received numerous payments from stolen accounts and had only suffered from it), currently only accept payment via bank transfer.
If you want protection , we can use www.lux-express.com, this company has a escrow service. They will take care about shipping and payment.
To start the transaction we need your shipping details:
Phone number :
Once I have these info, we will make the delivery to your address.
These are the steps that we will have to follow in order to complete the transaction trough LUX EXPRESS:
1. I will start a new transportation order with the company, also insure the transaction, and this insurance will cover not only the product but it offers buyer's protection as well. Once the transaction is started, you will be contacted by the company and supplied with all information regarding the transaction, payment details and delivery dates.
2. For delivery to be made the company requires the deposit of EUR 1.800,00 made by the buyer, the deposit is fully refundable and will be made out to the company. The payment method is bank transfer.
3. After this the item will be delivered to your location and you will be given a tracking number which will allow you to keep track online of the item, for the entire delivery time.
4. Once you receive the unit, you will have a 2 day trial period in which the item will remain in your possession and you can test it.
5. Once the trial period is over you will have to decide if you want to keep the item, and sign the paperwork; after that the company will transfer the entire amount to my account. In case you do not want to keep the item, then your initial deposit will be fully refunded and the item will be delivered back to me at my own expenses.
Thank you for using our services!"
UPDATE: This ’company’ is still operating, now as Hifi-Land (http://hifi-land.com/)
As mentioned before, this is total SCAM! Don’t send them any money!!! Their ’business model’ is simple: find rare and/or very expensive equipment and offer it for a price low enough to be considered a great deal but high enough to think it is real. Just for fun I checked some of the pictures they used to advertise ’their’ equipment, and these were just copied from the internet and then covered with their watermark to make it look authentic.
This criminal who calls himself Marco Zetta seems to have found a lucrative way to scam audiophiles like us with his shady business. I hope to prevent at least some people here to become a victim of this criminal. I will try my best to report this guy to the Italian authorities or wherever he is actually located. If any of you could help, that would be great. At the end it is about having a community that shares the same passion and fight scum like him who are trying to exploit our trust.
Guys I need your help. I just reported this fraudulent website (hifi-land.com) to http://privacyprotect.org/
Can you guys please do the same. It will help to get this website down as fast as possible and help fellow audiophiles to loose their hard earned money because of this scam. Thank you!!!