Hi Fi Tuning Supreme fuse-Burn In?

Hello,
I've gone through the Hi Fi Tuning line of fuses starting with their Silver and then on to the Classic Gold.
I recently purchased the the Supreme.
The Supreme does everything I hoped it would but as with anything in this crazy hobby, there's seems to be a trade-off.
I'm getting more clarity and air but the presentation seems to have an edge or sharpness to it.
If everything was just slightly more-should I say organic?-I'd be one happy man.
I have about 60 hours on them.
Will more time smooth things out?
The Gold's are definitely smoother but they lack the air and clarity the Supreme's provide.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

greh

Showing 16 responses by rodman99999

WOW(one in a row)! Anyone that’s frequented this forum(and it’s fuse threads), is familiar with that story. If HI-FI Tuning’s fuses were responsible/culpable, where are the plethora of similar incidents, that would(necessarily) have followed? The Internet, and it’s various, "audiophile" sites, should be replete with them(especially, with all you Fuse Police looking to find fault). I’m just SUPPOSED to believe, that the one individual that blew up his amp, was using correctly rated fuses? Perhaps I’ve just met too many dishonest people, in my lifetime.
btw: I’ve had HI-FI Tuning’s fuses(Gold and now Supremes) in my Cary monoblocks’ mains and B+ circuits, for over 12 years, without a problem. That’s not counting when the occasional tube took a crap and the fuse did it’s job. Then again, that’s just my own(one person’s) experience, and- why should you take my word?.
@bdp24 - I try to apprise myself of as much information as available, whatever I’m considering. So- no problems at all, with reading as many OPINIONS as possible. One should remember, that these are all OPINIONS, however. I try to base my decisions on my own experimentation/experience, before drawing a conclusion(the scientific method). Too many try to proffer categorical statements, though, that they can’t establish/corroborate. To me, that’s not helpful, but- simply muddying the waters, for those seeking knowledge. Again- just my opinion.
Those highly discounted, NEW Silver Stars and Classic Golds(from Burlington, Ontario), are probably being proffered by Parts Connexion.  
@ramtubes: I thought I was pretty concise, when I stated, " I’ve had HI-FI Tuning’s fuses(Gold and now Supremes) in my Cary monoblocks’ mains and B+ circuits, for over 12 years, without a problem. That’s not counting when the occasional tube took a crap and the fuse did it’s job." My amp’s manual calls for a 3A slo-blo and a 500mA fast-blow(B+), YES- both specified 250V, which is what I’ve been installing. Do you just assume everyone you address is as incompetent, as your customer that blew up that ONE prized example?
I COULD also mention: when I auditioned a pair of Claus Bunge’s excellent Odyssey monoblocks, in my home, a few years back, I had occasion(with his permission) to remove the top cover of one. In the rail voltage(DC) fuse positions, lo and behold, were four HI-FI Tuning Golds. He’s apparently had the same success as I, with HI-FI Tuning fuses, in my modded Trans-Nova 9505, woofer amp’s output stage, rail voltage(DC) supplies.
It seems, quite a few that frequent this site, value the opinions of the Stereophile Magazine writers. Personally, I would think, they’d be somewhat conscientious, as much as they value testing things, before recommending a product/tweak, in their reviews and follow-ups. ie: https://www.stereophile.com/content/hifi-tuning-fuses and https://www.stereophile.com/content/hifi-tuning-fuse-follow-may-2012 It appears, no one(as of 2012) told them, about all those amps being destroyed. I’d further have to think, that highly experienced sellers(ie: Music Direct, VH Audio, Parts Connexion, The Cable Company, etc), would have been made aware(by now), were there an issue, and avoided selling anyone's, "high-end" fuses(and any possible, attendant liabilities). There again: Just my own observations/opinions.
@kosst- "I’m gonna believe Ramtubes over snake oilers who’ve never built a circuit."??? Ever heard the saying about making assumptions? Of course, in your case(apparently), that ship sailed, LONG ago!
Clausius would be SO PROUD of that last post. What a swirling blast of hot air and cerebral entropy!
I’m looking forward to further evidence, of amps being damaged by, "high-end" fuses. Like I said, the Internet SHOULD be replete with the tales. One would think the Fuse Police, ought to have an easy time digging them up. Perhaps, AT LEAST ONE informed amp manufacturer(aside from our resident fuse cop), that warns against them in their owner manuals? No caveat emptor, in ANY reviews or magazine articles? Again, why would a correctly valued fuse(in voltage, amperage and time), as required by amp’s owner’s manual, be a danger to it’s DC circuitry? Only in the vacuous gourd, of one with no concept of the scientific method, would conducting one’s own experiments(successfully) be considered, "I did a dumb thing and it worked". Until the middle 20th Century the best, known science/Physics couldn’t explain how a Bumblebee stays aloft. I guess no scientific nay-sayers, told the Bumblebee, those tiny wings couldn’t generate enough lift, to drag it’s fat butt into the air(you’re stupid to try)! Then someone introduced Fluid Dynamics to the world. "OH, OK Bumblebee(now you can fly)!" https://www.livescience.com/33075-how-bees-fly.html
@bdp24 - You seem to have difficulty in the area of comprehension. I don’t have a problem, at all. Nor- did I ever call Roger, "incompetent", anywhere in my posts. I have a differing OPINION, borne out by my own(years long/multiple components) testing. The customer that blew up his amp, may(or- may not) be another story. You can accept his word, if you choose(matters not, to me)! Try reading my prior posts(start with 12-01 at 10:20 am) VERY SLOWLY, and when you can provide FURTHER EVIDENCE, of these fuses(when correctly selected as specified by the manufacturer) being a risk in ANY amplifier(tube OR SS), as I’ve CLEARLY and REPEATEDLY ASKED, get back to me.
sleepwalker’s the one that exclaimed, "Everyone except you knows that the motion of electrons is the definition of electicity(his spelling, too)." and probably believes, we still live in a Newtonian universe. Try a little update there, at least to the 20th Century, Sparky! https://www.quora.com/Are-photons-involved-in-all-forms-of-electricity-for-example-when-it-flows-thr...    and   https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=2348