Hi-End Business

I am looking for advice on starting a High End Business in
Southern Oregon. I've been into Hi-End as a hobby for the
past 12 years, But don't have alot of sales experience. Any
comments would be welcome.
paint
Hi Paint, I wanted to post again because everyone, including me, appears to be so negative about your idea. As a disclaimer, let me state that I don't know the first thing about the demographics or competition you'd face in southern Oregon (though some others seem concerned about this). If this is not a significant issue I do believe you can make a go of it.

As has been mentioned, HT will play a major role in your overall volume and profit particularly from full installations. I wouldn't consider an audio only store. Keep your inventory low. Keep your number of employees low. Keep your rent low....though you'll need to be in as high a traffic (population) area as possible and you'll pay for that. Market, market, market. If you're going to go for it, give yourself the best chance to succeed and that means regular advertising, promotions, etc. In other words, take reasonable risks....don't try to stretch the money you have too far. If it fails, at least know you gave it your best shot. Good Luck, Dave
Good luck! I've dreamed of going into the High End business myself, but never had the guts. Did you see the movie "Field of Dreams"? I worked my way through dental school managing the highest end store at the time and have never been so happy. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!
home theater will have a big impact in your sales. The one thing you need to remember is that you must carry brands people know and love. It doesnt have to be high end only at least not at the begining. Sell sony denon and such. And get names like B&K Acurus Adcom & then try and pull some high end gear in also. Like Levinson Krell Rowland and such People want to see things they have heard of. You should also try to get Classe. You should have no problem getting the harmonic technology line. As you build a name for yourself you must beable to please both ends of the spectrum, High and low. Good luck