HFTs or more fuses

I just put Synergistic Reds in my DAC and pre. My retirement budget only allows for my next purchase to be either Synergistic Blacks for my monoblocks or the HFTs for my room, not both. Can someone tell me, from their experience, which acquisition made the bigger improvement in their system?

rockyboy
Rockyboy, had a Bryston at one point and sold it, although it sounded great. The Arcam is my "fallback" player, one that I’ll never sell (i’ve bought it 3 times, and sold it twice, so the third one stays!). That allows me to have a CD player to listen to at all times - and it serves as a ’control’ for my system. But I’m an analog guy, with 10,000 records, so digital’s something I don’t spend money on often. VPI/Clearaudio Stradivarius is my thing. I doubt I’d spend as much for digital as I would for an analog rig. Have a Versa 2.3 I’ve had for 27 years (bought it right after the big 1989 San Francisco quake. The house shook so hard, that afterwards, I thought to myself, "If I’m going to fall into the Pacific, I might as well have a really good turntable to enjoy for now and maybe take to Heaven"). Although I’m now in CT it’s still out in California for now.
But since I have the FMJ, I wanted it to have the best ancillaries, and that includes fuses. If I can graduate from a good to very good quality, I’ll do it. Besides which, I’m curious about everything, so I try the ’tweaks’ out just to see what they do. My friends benefit: some of them now have Nordost Titanium cones, Goldmund cones, Finite Elemente Cerabases in their systems. I like doing things like that, and they’re all guys who attend live music or majored in it in college, so i get knowledgeable assessments of things I loan them. I’m going to talk them into a Quantum Black shortly, or maybe I’ll just take mine (the Arcam) over and let them listen. It’s fun to share!

gbmcleod, I digress from the topic, but what footers do you have under your tt? I have a VPI Classic 3 and will experiment tomorrow with Edensound triceratops that I used years ago with great success under a Sota tt.

Sometimes it's hard to isolate one variable. Having HFT's placed front,back , side ,and ceiling with the Atmosphere does definitely change the sound field. That being said, the biggest change has been changing over to the Audio Horiziong  premium fuses in my DAC, preamp and amp . The system has changed dramatically with this change. The AH fuses replaced both the SR reds and blacks in the above mentioned components. 
rnwong:
Glad to read the Audio Horizon fuses are working well in your system. This really is an exciting time in audio with several talented inovators giving us great choices in products that will improve the sound.
I am of the belief that using a premium fuse + wall outlet is the foundation on which to build a supperior sound system.

David Pritchard
Agree totally.  The SR Black Ac outlet replaced the Furtech Rhodium GTX and that  was another step up.   I think clean  AC delivery is a major step in the right direction